what can i take home

philatray

Feb 2, 2004
Hi All
what a great site and forum so much information here for 1st time holiday makers to the DR
Thanks for that
i was wondering what goods i am able to bring home such as Tobacco and alcohol
also what kind of weather can i expect in the middle of march
Thanks again

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
I am not sure about the quantities you can bring home but i am just going to jump on this thread and ask about the legality of bringing home Dominican 151 rum.

philatray

Feb 2, 2004
ok

Thats fine tired-boy may it will generate more interest and we both may get some answers

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
Nope to 151

You can't bring 151 proof rum into the US. We were in POP in September. We bought some Brugal (not 151). When we got to the airport the people that check your luggage ask if you have 151. If you do they keep it. The airlines don't allow for something so flammable on board. The people that were in front of us in line had to leave their liquor (151). Bottom line you can carry out regular rum but not 151.
Minni

SaintTaris

Jan 9, 2004
philatray said:
Hi All
what a great site and forum so much information here for 1st time holiday makers to the DR
Thanks for that
i was wondering what goods i am able to bring home such as Tobacco and alcohol
also what kind of weather can i expect in the middle of march
Thanks again

If you are American, click here.

2 Bottles of Booze and 100 Cigars in most cases.

pati

Feb 3, 2004
I'm not sure of what the regulations are. I usually just bring back whatever I want. On one of my trips from DR I brought 2 big bottles of brugal,1 bottle of cream liquor, 2 big bottles of presidente and no one said anything to me. I gave them the customs form and they said have a good night. They never checked to see what kind of liquor I was bringing in. Even when leaving DR. My bottles were wrapped in newspaper and no one asked me anything. Maybe it depends on what airport you go to.

philatray

Feb 2, 2004
Thanks pati

Thanks Pati i bet you had a few good nights with that lot!!! lol
what about ciggies
what airport did you fly into we are flying via Gatwick

pati

Feb 3, 2004
Actually, I don't drink or smoke. I only brought back a small box of cigars that day. All of that stuff was for my friends. I took American Airlines SDQ to JFK.