Who do Canadians Use to Book Flights?

A

Abi

Would anyone be kind enough to tell me the most popular Canadian booking agencies serving the DR? Is there a popular Canadian web-site for booking to the DR?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Travel Agents, Usually

Abi said:
Would anyone be kind enough to tell me the most popular Canadian booking agencies serving the DR? Is there a popular Canadian web-site for booking to the DR?

There are 1,000's of them in the newspapers with tour packages to the big 3 - north shore (POP), La Romana and Punta Cana. Online try www.belairtravel.com which at least has a great search engine, and if you are leaving from Toronto (mostly).

But almost every travel agent will sell the packages and offer at least 10% less than the "brochure" price.

If you are interested in actual tourism and not a package AI vacation, then try Expedia, Tavelocity etc., which have Canadian sites.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Hava a computer?

Abi said:
Every airline has an web site. You can book thru them and you can save. I have been booking my vacations, weather they are packages or just the flight ticket, thu US Airways. Use your computer and search and you will see all the airlines have sites. Better yet, they have programs where you can earn free travel tickets after reaching certain traveling miles. Adios.

A

Abi

Why the question!

Thanx for the pointers. Perhaps I should have made myself more clear...
I am in the DR. I have been told by some Canadian clients that they prefer to book their flights at a travel agency - face to face with their agent or over the phone rather than over the internet. There are some common agencies for this. I would like to contact them to promote my business through them....
Aloha!
- Abi
www.vidaloha.com

palmas

Jan 7, 2002
Hi Abi.

We have booked all of our trips to the D.R. through selloffvacations.com since 2000. Have never had a problem. I did happen to find a site this summer that featured even lower prices then the above. They are www.holidayoutlet.ca . However, if you call selloff's people and tell them that you've found it cheaper on holiday outlet they will beat holidayoutlet's price. :classic:

Good luck,
Palmas