Economy & Yolas "Boat"

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Seem that there is not solution to reduce the numbers of Dominican trying to go Illigaly to Puerto Rico. US has work permits program but the problem is in the Dominican Who are going to get the work permit visa to go US if maybe every applicant need to show the Bank references, properties ?

Dominican economy is pretty bad right now What's going to happen next is kind of hard for Dominican I wonder how hard is it for all those foreign who has business there, foreign who left their home land to invest in the Dominican Republic to have a new life?

I mean that question because how is the the standar of life or Cost of life has being paying the Same price than State,Canada or maybe spensier.

Thanks Hipolito for make our Island what is it now.

Homer Simpson

pati

Feb 3, 2004
I am not only new to the forum but I am new to Dominican politics. From what I've read it seems unlikely that Hippo will be re-elected. Yet even with the soon to be elections I don't see any optimism in the change of the economic crisis that DR is currently experiencing. Why is that?

Sep 20, 2003
is the economy completely trashed? i have been reading the forum quite often and it is still difficult to understand how bad it is.

i plan to visit the DR this summer. is this a bad idea? i wanted to visit santo domingo and see the "trujillo" sites. (i study dominican history) is the country in too bad of shape to visit? should i wait until next year? does the public bus system still run? would many SD hotels have electricity/AC?

or, would it be better to visit now? are the rates for hotels, etc really low?

thank you for any information.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
No one can predict the future!

The direction at this time is down.A lot will be determined on the run-up to,and the outcome of, the May16th elections.I would come.If you see a bus that is on fire,don't get on that one!Cris Colon :smoke:

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
pati said:
I am not only new to the forum but I am new to Dominican politics. From what I've read it seems unlikely that Hippo will be re-elected. Yet even with the soon to be elections I don't see any optimism in the change of the economic crisis that DR is currently experiencing. Why is that?

If you run a business into the ground, then change management, it still takes years to recover. I believe that the DR economy will improve once Hipolito is gone, but it will take a long time with a lot of pain and suffering still to come.

m