Best time / best month to come to the DR for partying?

mexx78

Jan 23, 2004
Hi,

when is the best time/month to come to the DR for partying and getting to know a lot of (young) people?
As I already know from previous posts the place to be/go is Cabarete.

Max

egomezb

Feb 17, 2003
Personally, I think December it's the best month for partying, but also July and August.

EGB

mexx78 said:
Hi,

when is the best time/month to come to the DR for partying and getting to know a lot of (young) people?
As I already know from previous posts the place to be/go is Cabarete.

Max

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Resorts are packed whenever there is holiday anywhere else (specially US)

If you are going to be outside of the resort life and more into the city life, then the BEST time and most people go is Semana Santa (easter/spring break), Independence Day (2/27) and of course Christmas (best 12/15-1/6). ANYWHERE you will be packed around these times.

mexx78

Jan 23, 2004
End of may?

What about the end of may/june? When do US-Students have holidays?

Max

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
NOT on semana santa!

Talldrink said:
If you are going to be outside of the resort life and more into the city life, then the BEST time and most people go is Semana Santa (easter/spring break), Independence Day (2/27) and of course Christmas (best 12/15-1/6). ANYWHERE you will be packed around these times.

Unless you want to spent your holiday with Thousands of Dominicans on Cabarete beach and lay in the sand between their garbige of Millions of plasic cups and plates and Billions of empty rum bottles, DON'T COME on Dominican peak holidays, specially not in Samana Santa (easter break)!!

Cabarete is a busy party town all year around, no need to plan your visit on special holidays to have fun.

May/June is acutally a very good time. Weather is usually great, not too hot, and stop worring about meeting great people - they will be there!
Have fun!

quaqualita

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
I have to agree...

with quaqualita. Samana Santa and Independence Day could be pretty overwhelming for a first timer. Although I never ventured to Cabarete during these times, I know for a fact that Puerto Plata is absolutely insane. Hotels get filled up by, discos are impossible to get into without waiting in line for hours. My aparta-hotel that I lived in in Costambar literally got taken over by Dominicans from the cities- couldn't even use my pool because there were so many people partying in it and yes - the garbage is everywhere!!! Not to mention - during Samana Santa isn't there a time where there is no watersports or music to be played?
Now, don't get me wrong - it is still a blast and I enjoyed meeting people from elsewhere on the island. The costumes etc during the carnival are pretty awesome, but really you are dealing with a lot of drunkeness, violence and overwhelming numbers of people.
As for Christmas, I can't say as I always went home for Christmas -how else would Santa find me!!!
Marlie

Last edited:

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
mexx78 said:
What about the end of may/june? When do US-Students have holidays?

Max

Hmmm. Now we're getting somewhere. You want to know when young US students come.

Well, they come during spring break, which is any week in March and some of April. They come Xmas break, and any time during June and July.

karuna

Feb 12, 2004
Cofresi?

Hi
I'm new and can't figure out how to start a new thread...I plan to celebrate my 50th birthday in the DR, north coast, and would like to find a modest condo or apartment in Playa Cofresi. I havent been to the DR for years...but I have a beautiful emmory of a simple one bedroom with a balcony for really cheap. Can one get to Puerto Plata and find a place easily in March without a reservation? Can anyone suggest a modest place in Cofresi or Costambar? It's just 2 people and we plan to stay about 5 nights or so. Is it still easy to rent motor scooters? Thank you! I am so happy to find this list! I have been to Santo Domingo, Boca Chica, and Cofresi. I used to teach ESL to Dominican Students in Providence RI and was happy to visit their families in Ensanchez Capotillo in the capital.....

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Thanks Jan

Yes, you didnt specify WHICH young people you wanted to see most...

So the previous posts are right on.

Actually, I've gone throughtout the year (whenever I can find a cheap ticket I go see my mom) and I always find people there and always have fun. So the possibilities are endless.

La Gata

Jul 16, 2003
www.myspace.com
Cabarete

quaqualita said:
May/June is acutally a very good time. Weather is usually great, not too hot, and stop worring about meeting great people - they will be there!
Have fun!

quaqualita

I definitely agree, it was pretty out of control last June!!! :bunny:

SSSSssssssid

Tina33

Apr 5, 2004
Need Help With The Resorts

hiii.........We're planning to go to Puerto Plata in end of April, and it's our first time going to DR, there's 5 girls ..... We don't know which resort is really happening and fun for younger crowds.
Any good ones for younger people, we're all in our early 20's.......

I also need to know the name of the good clubs over there.

If some one could help me out soon, cuzz we need to book our trip by the end of this week....

Some one told me Breezes is good, is that a good resort?

thanxxxxxxxx :classic:

Tina

mexx78

Jan 23, 2004
Damn - why cant you go at the end of may? :laugh: 5 girls.... Just kidding, that would be the time when Im around...
Im going to go to Cabarete and stay at the Estrella del Mar...

Have fun...

Max

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi Tina,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

We arrive ar Breezes on April 9th 'til the 23rd. We toured the resort last year and liked what we saw. Free shuttles to both Sosua and Cabarete several times a day mean no excuses for not getting out and having fun.

Gregg