Fiance K1 Visa

susiesue

Jan 27, 2004
I had asked the question before, "Do I need to be present at the consulate with my fiance" well, I guess that it did influence a lot. All of my fiances paper work was in order, we both got asked many questions and with the help of God, HE WAS GRANTED THE VISA. I am very thankful for those of you who said that it was a good idea of me going. I think it helped 100 %. :cheeky:

egomezb

Feb 17, 2003
Congratulations Susiesue! now get ready for him moving with you to the states and the AOS process, however, the most difficult part is over.

EGB

Cfresh4

Feb 18, 2004
How long did it take

susiesue said:
I had asked the question before, "Do I need to be present at the consulate with my fiance" well, I guess that it did influence a lot. All of my fiances paper work was in order, we both got asked many questions and with the help of God, HE WAS GRANTED THE VISA. I am very thankful for those of you who said that it was a good idea of me going. I think it helped 100 %. :cheeky:

How many months had gone by from the day that K1 was sent in and it being approved? I was told 8 months. I'm from the USA he is from the DR.

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Good luck Susie and contrary to what certain other people said, it does help to have you in person and I was so advised by a lawyer who has done several Dominican Republic K1 visas.

Now to Cfresh4,
It depends on what BCIS office you use. Nebraska center is one of the slowest which represents Michigan and other states where I reside, Texas is in between, and Vermont is one of the fastest to process the 1st part of the visa. All states are assigned to a certain center to process the forms and there are several centers that service the US. Vermont usually processes a K1 application within 2 months, Texas around 3 months, and Nebraska about 6 months as of the current caseload. I am unfamiliar with other centers processing times. Then from there it goes to the US Consulate in La Republica Dominicana and depending on how fast your petitionee acts by filling out the visa application, getting the police certificate, etc. But after approval by the BCIS your petitionee has 4 months to submit their application and the necessary information, extensions are possible but not necessarily guaranteed, and generally an appointment is scheduled within 45 days of your petitionee's completed visa application (usually within 2-4 weeks). The whole process generally takes several months to almost a year and a half on these variables.
dale7(Howard)

attny2b

Jul 3, 2003
Congratulations! How long was the interview? I've heard some are 10 minutes, but after you writing in your post that they asked you and your fiancee many questions...I wondered if it's longer? My fiance and I have our interview next month. I'm what are the types of questions they ask? We know each other pretty well even though it's been difficult emotionally, me being in the states most of the time and him being in La Romana. Well, any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

egomezb

Feb 17, 2003
attyny2b send me an email and I'd gladly answer your questions. I also did the K1 visa in Santo Domingo.

EGB

attny2b said:
Congratulations! How long was the interview? I've heard some are 10 minutes, but after you writing in your post that they asked you and your fiancee many questions...I wondered if it's longer? My fiance and I have our interview next month. I'm what are the types of questions they ask? We know each other pretty well even though it's been difficult emotionally, me being in the states most of the time and him being in La Romana. Well, any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Afroblues

Mar 11, 2004
congratulations!!!

susiesue said:

Please what questions did they ask your fiance? I am preparing for K-1 interview in Nigeria come April . Tell me how it all went because I am sure your story can help in my preparation. My fiancee the USC will be with me. I am not sure if they will allow her in. But for the consular to know that she is there waiting outside...I am sure be an encouragement to the process.

Let me read from you soon. God bless you and congratulations ones again!!