Life or death

S

Sonia Alvino

Un aporte por una vida: Ilianov De Leon Alvino de 14 anos de edad, Dominicano, actualmente esta recluido en el Columbia Baby's Children Hospital en NY, en la habitacion 1009. Padece de Linfoma No Hodjkin (cancer) y su unica alternativa de vida es un transplante de Medula Ocea. Dicha operacion cuesta $450,000. No lo posee, pero si hay alguna institucion o personas que contribuyan, el colectara esta suma y podra vivir mas anos. Para mas informacion, llamar al telefono 212-305-8835 (hospital) o al 718-590-6235 (casa). Se abrira una campana por radio, television e internet para las personas interesadas en ayudar. Madre: Sonia Alvino Padre: Colon De Leon

Cualquier persona con informacion de donde podemos conseguir ayuda, le estaremos eternamente agradecidos. Tambien si saben de algun website donde podamos poner este mensaje o donde podamos conseguir informacion. Mil gracias.

R

R. SANTOS

como yo puedo hacerle llegar mi ayuda , tiene una cuenta de banco abierta que yo le pueda depositar algun dinerito

T

Tom

Re: Life or death/Very confusing

It's been a long time since I made a post, but this message is most disturbing.

Please realize I am depending on a translation program to understand the post, but as I understand it this child is in a "life or death situation from Non Hodgkin?s Lymphoma?"

Columbia is a "teaching hospital," there fore it receives Federal aid. Any hospital receiving Federal money is mandated by the Government to provide necessary care to the indigent. I would suggest that anyone concerned (And I assume that is anyone reading the post) contact their Congressional Representatives to find out what is happening.

Tom

D

D.E.W.

I contacted this family and here is the story. This family resides in Santo Domingo. Their son got very sick and was diagnosed with tuberculosis in DR. Doctors were giving him antibiotics for a long time. After a while, a biopsy was done and sent to the United States where they discovered he had cancer. They all came for a medical visit to find out what could be done. He got really ill here and was admitted to the Columbia Children's Hospital two weeks ago. He is getting chimotherapy right now. They are not residents nor US citizens. Therefore, they do not qualify for federal aid. The cost of the hospital bill will be covered, but not the surgery which costs $450,000. The family got a P.O. Box 449 New York, NY 10452. They will be opening an account most likely on Monday (it is a lot paper work). The parents do not speak English. As a mother, I can only imagine what these people are going through. He is their only child. His birthday is on the Sunday, the 20th. Anyone who wants to call to cheer him up, his number is 212-305-8835. They have already contacted the spanish channels and they will probably be doing a story about him.

R

ron bennett

Any new information about the Kosovo flu virus would be appreciated. thanks Ron

R

ron bennett

Losovo Flu Virus

As a travel agent,I would like to know about the status of the Kosovo flu virus in the DR. Thanks Ron