boca chica

bill p

Aug 18, 2003
just got back from bc thurs.14 days,7 nites at costalunga and 7 nites at hotel garant,both were worth the cost. 35$ a nite at the garant.and 80$ for 3 bdr suite at costalunga.breakfast was good at the garant, omelete,toast,coffee,and oj, homefries 165 pesos under 2$.you can still get a small presidente for 25 pesos on the street or 50 pesos in bars or retaurants.had a good steak meal at da nancy rest. for about 325 pesos. meals did not seem any more costly than previous years. pizza 140 peso,bbq chicken 110 pesos.as far as the nite life and prostitutes it didnt seem any different than any other years to me . been going for over 15 yrs and never had aproblem. over all i had a great time on the beach and drinking at playa vista. the xchange rate was always between 47-50 to 1, sometimes the rate would change 3-4 times a day. wish i was still there. have a lot of friends.

oldgoldscott

Mar 17, 2004
welcome back

Hello Bill, I Am Glad You Had A Good Time. Maybe Next Year My Wife And I Will Join You. At Least You Got Back For The Snow. Work Hard Threw The Season So You May Return Again. Take Care

phdhdfs

Mar 2, 2004
just got back from BC

I just returned from BC. I was not impressed at all. The hotel I stayed in was ok (Hotel Europa). However, if you paid in US$ their exchange rate was 55 to 1. I argued left and right and was able to persuade the owner to do an exchange for 47 to 1. Room service was ok and guests are allowed. Their is free continental breakfast. That was ok. Overall, I would recommend the hotel. I would not take my family to BC. It is not a family town. I have been to PP, LS, and PC all are much more lovely. Although, I do not fancy the all inclusives--there is something to be said about not having to deal with the BS from the locals.

The hotel is very safe and right on the beach and the strip.

The food was reasonable. Buy your own water. I recommend buying a bunch of bottles and putting it in your room.

Buy your liquor at the duty free.

I will not be going back to BC when I travel to the DR. I feel like it has been one of those 'been there done that' experience.

Peace.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Yesssss!!!

phdhdfs said:
I will not be going back to BC when I travel to the DR. I feel like it has been one of those 'been there done that' experience.

Peace.

One less coming back.

Harmony

Apr 18, 2002
Boca Chica

phdhdfs said:
I just returned from BC. I was not impressed at all. The hotel I stayed in was ok (Hotel Europa). However, if you paid in US$ their exchange rate was 55 to 1. I argued left and right and was able to persuade the owner to do an exchange for 47 to 1.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I think I would have taken the 55 to 1.

Does anyone know the number for the realty handling the new under construction Condo's in Boca Chica? They really look top notch.

I stayed at Don Emilio's Hotel in BC a couple weekends while staying in Santo Domingo. You can get a real nice room facing the water for $50 including breakfast. Nice clean beach.

Harmony

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Quote:
"Buy your liquor at the duty free".--phdhdfs

I have always found liquor in the duty free to be as much as twice the price of liquor in liquor stores in the DR. For example, I bought a 750ml. bottle of Jonnie Walker Black 2 weeks ago in a liquor store in Sosua for 18 dollars USD after the peso conversion ( I believe it was 890 pesos and peso was 49 to 1 then) and in the duty free the same bottle was 31 dollars.

Larry

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The one up the hill?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Does anyone know the number for the realty handling the new under construction Condo's in Boca Chica? They really look top notch.

I stayed at Don Emilio's Hotel in BC a couple weekends while staying in Santo Domingo. You can get a real nice room facing the water for $50 including breakfast. Nice clean beach.

Harmony[/QUOTE]
If you mean the huge building overlooking the main drag(with a boom crane in place) I went and looked at the lower level out of pure interest last week. Italian const. firm with web site address, phones #'s etc on large sign in front of building--didnt take info but I think I saw some pricing in the 175M range.

JOHN

Harmony

Apr 18, 2002
Boca Chica

johne said:

Harmony
If you mean the huge building overlooking the main drag(with a boom crane in place) I went and looked at the lower level out of pure interest last week. Italian const. firm with web site address, phones #'s etc on large sign in front of building--didnt take info but I think I saw some pricing in the 175M range.

JOHN[/QUOTE]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That's the one. If you're out there again jot down the web site or phone number and EMail me.

Thanks

Harmony