US Airways LGA

Jan 1, 2002
Alguien me confirma un rumor que se exparse por estas zonas.

Se dice que US Airways podr?a operar la ruta La Guardia-Las Americas-La Guardia, bajo aprobaci?n del DOT,

me confirman?

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
maybe this rumor is true beacuse US airways is going to operates various destination to the caribbean this summer. the airlines is already operating LGA-SJU-LGA 1 weekly flight on saturday.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Lga is a domestic airport for larger transport category aircraft.

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
???

I don't believe that!!!

It's almost impossible!!!

La Guardia is a domestic airport without customs or inmigration service, so it will be impossible to fly from DR to the U.S. without custom clearance and INS checks...

The only country(Outside U.S.) the fly to and from LGA is Canada, because of obvius reasons, but from LGA to SDQ, never!!!

The INS, U.S. Custom Department and The Department of Homeland Security won't allow such thing.

That's what I think...

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
flakko,
delta and US airways operates international routes to the caribbean from LGA. US airways had a summer flight from LGA-bermuda-LGA. also air canada operates most of the flight in NYC to canada from LGA . delta also operates to Freeport from LGA. and all this destination are international not domestic.

gggp

Apr 27, 2003
santobonao said:
flakko,
delta and US airways operates international routes to the caribbean from LGA. US airways had a summer flight from LGA-bermuda-LGA. also air canada operates most of the flight in NYC to canada from LGA . delta also operates to Freeport from LGA. and all this destination are international not domestic.
When you leave Canada you go through US INS and Customs at the point of departure, maybe the same for bermuda and the bahamas. Therefore the flight is considered a domestic when arriving to the USA.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
gggp:

You are correct only those points in the Bahamas Freeport and Nassau no other point in the bahamas it's called pre-departure entry clearance forcustoms and ins. People just don't understand sometimes and believe just what they want to believe because it may be convenient for a group.

jmaz98

Sep 25, 2003
On their website, USAir is listing flights from Santo Domingo to LaGuardia with a change of planes in Philadelphia, one of their major hubs. This would be the entry point for Customs, INS, etc.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Yeap that may be the way, i mean American can publish SDQ-LGA via MIAMI but that doesn't mean it's a direct flight nor that the custom and ins entry point is LGA.

Jan 1, 2002
I saw USAIR will operate flights from LGA to AUA non-stop flights. from june 12.

Aruba vs Sto. Domingo???? the difference.

and I saw that INS soon could be in dominican airports.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Guys Aruba has pre departure clearance to the US, but look believe what you wish we should not be bickering about one thing or another like we trying to prove who knows more this is for information purposes only so let's keep it that way jeeeeez.

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
We know that a lot of dominicans fly to the U.S., specially to New York.
So, do you believe they INS, The Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Custom Department will risk permiting flights to LGA, even with pre clearance???

In that case, that will mean for the INS the opening of Check points within the DR and that sounds like... Against The Dominican Constitution, no???
The U.S. Customs Department in DR the same.

So a non stop flight from any airport in DR to LGA looks like unlikely to happen.
At least now, but we don't know if in a few years our country will become part of the U.S.
(No Way Jos?)

eli

Jun 10, 2003
That's too bad you prefer eating crap with your local hoodlums for govrnments.

Searcher

May 5, 2003
eli said:
That's too bad you prefer eating crap with your local hoodlums for govrnments.
Gentlemen:

It is impossible for any carrier to fly from la LGA to any international point unless the originating non-US point has INS and Customs pre-clearance.

Aruba, Bahamas, Canada, etc, have US INS and US Customs pre-clearance established in respective country. In other words, USAIR can operate from those cities if it wishes to do so.

In the case of the Dom. Rep. Talks are going on with the US Government to do pre-clearance in SDQ. This has nothing to do with constitution because the Dom. Goverment will continue to have its immigrations services as it is today.

HAVE ANY OF YOU BEING IN ARUBA? Then those who have been to AUA know what I mean. Stop the crap of nationalism!

eli

Jun 10, 2003
I don't think you've read all the posts in this thread otherwise you would not look so foolish posting the same thing that was discussed two days ago, and by the way nationalism above selling out anytime.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
santobonao said:
dominican republic will never be united states like puerto rico no way.
Puerto Rico is a " estado libre y associado".

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
jmaz98 said:
On their website, USAir is listing flights from Santo Domingo to LaGuardia with a change of planes in Philadelphia, one of their major hubs. This would be the entry point for Customs, INS, etc.
That is very true. They do fly from Philly to SD NOn-stop, ok, I know you all know it.

Last edited: