Take Advantage Of Those Dividend Miles- They Work!!!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
I just wanted to let all of you know that you should take advantage of those dividend miles that most airlines offer. You can actually get free tickets to the DR. I have been using Us Airways dividend miles for years and I have gotten a whole bunch of free or almost free airlines tickes. I also have AA's AAdvantage and I got a few free tickets to Mexico. As you know, you must register with them in order to take advantage of these programs. For example: Us Airways would sell you a round-trip ticket to the DR for $77.50 if you have at least 30,000 dividend miles. When you register, they automaticly will give you about 10,000 and then the more you flight, the more miles you get on your dividend mile's account. So far, within 8 months, I have 23,600 miles. You DO NOT have to wait to get the 30,000 miles, what you do is that you HAVE to call them on the phone and tell them that you need to redeem the miles that you have and then they will tell you how much you need to pay. You can not book it online if you don't have the exact amount of miles. For example: I called US Airways today just to ask them a few questions and the person told me that I did not have to wait to redeem my miles( which I knew since I have been using these programs for years and years), she told me that if I wanted to, that I could get a round trip ticket to the DR for just $ 190 for the miles that I already have. The bottom line is this: People, if you travel to the DR, register with your airline's dividend mile's program. It's free and at the end, you will be able to travel for almost nothing. Also, take advantage of their credit cards, since you get mileage every time you use their card. One more trip or a few purchases with their card and I will be getting a free trip to the DR soon. That's the reason that I only came back from SD 11 days ago and I am already planning my next trip. sssshhh don't tell Amber since it's a surprise, hehe. Good luck. :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Last edited:

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
miguel said:
Also, take advantage of their credit cards, since you get mileage every time you use their card. One more trip or a few purchases with their card and I will be getting a free trip to the DR soon.

BE CAREFULL!!
If you are a person that carries a credit card balance from month to month it would be wise to use the lowest % credit card available to you! Airline FF cards are usually high interest 14-20% in the end you will pay dearly for those miles!
However if you pay the balance each month this is a GREAT way to add up miles. I charge everything and pay most of my bills with a FF credit card. in the past 18 months I racked up 75,000 miles and never paid a penny of interest!!! :classic:
John

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
I am flying next weekend on USAir to SDQ with my miles.

Other than actual flights and credit cards, there are many other ways to earn miles. Chase Bank has a partnership with Continental Airlines that gives you one mile for every dollar you spend using your debit card. Citibank has the same deal with AA.
Every dollar you spend on your Amex card you can transfer as points to USair, Delta and Continental and earn free miles that way. Don't forget to link your rental cars and any hotel stays to your airline FF card as well. Soon you'll be off to the Island, like me next Saturday.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
True

johnsr said:
BE CAREFULL!!
If you are a person that carries a credit card balance from month to month it would be wise to use the lowest % credit card available to you! Airline FF cards are usually high interest 14-20% in the end you will pay dearly for those miles!
However if you pay the balance each month this is a GREAT way to add up miles. I charge everything and pay most of my bills with a FF credit card. in the past 18 months I racked up 75,000 miles and never paid a penny of interest!!! :classic:
John
You are right, johnsr, but one have to look for the best bargain when accepting a card from an airlines, or anybody for that matter. US Airways kept on sending me emails about their "great card" and I waited until something better came along. And believe or not, a few years ago, something better came along with one of their emails, they were having a special offer where they would only charge 11%, much less than my visa and mastercard. I immediately dropped my old master card and got one from them. I even pay to buy coffee sometimes. One needs to be careful and wait for special offers, and pay as much as you can when making those card payments. You know it it, the less you pay, the more interests you pay. Adios

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
True

NY1 said:

Other than actual flights and credit cards, there are many other ways to earn miles. Chase Bank has a partnership with Continental Airlines that gives you one mile for every dollar you spend using your debit card. Citibank has the same deal with AA.
Every dollar you spend on your Amex card you can transfer as points to USair, Delta and Continental and earn free miles that way. Don't forget to link your rental cars and any hotel stays to your airline FF card as well. Soon you'll be off to the Island, like me next Saturday.
So true about those car rentals and hotels but I started with going straight with the airlines dividend miles card because, I believe that there are still people that do not believe in credit cards and don't have one. And there are some people that do not believe in banks, yes there are some. In that case, the best way to go is with the airlines dividend miles card (not the visa or mastercard card). Via mail or email they will inform you of all the "goodies" they have and all the products that you can use to get more miles. Have a nice trip.

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
NY1 said:

Other than actual flights and credit cards, there are many other ways to earn miles.

True! One of the ways that I get many miles is through the "Advantage Dining Program" (AA credit card) and "Flight Fund Dining" (America West Airlines credit card). With these programs you receive 10 miles for each dollar spent (including tips and drinks) at participating restaurants. There are many thousands of nice restaurants. all over the US. Spend $100.00 at a restaurant and you get 1,000 miles, can't beat that!! You have to eat anyway! :laugh:
John

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
What???

Samana1 said:
I dont know how special this is on KLM is it along time possible also on the most airlines i think all.
Que?, say again.

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
:confused:
Samana1 said:
I dont know how special this is on KLM is it along time possible also on the most airlines i think all.

I couldn't agree more!!!!! BTW, What in the hell are you talking about??????? :confused: :confused:
John

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Buddy johnsr!!!

johnsr said:
:confused:

I couldn't agree more!!!!! BTW, What in the hell are you talking about??????? :confused: :confused:
John
That was so funny. Thanks for making me laugh so much.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Say what.

Samana1 said:
Well, what you have posted about US Airways Miles. Etc.

Using miles to get a cheaper flight is normal!!!! and not so special as you say.
Believe it or not, there are alot of people that do not know that airlines offer these types of programs. I was just trying to let them know, you know, in case they did not know. Maybe you are loaded and it's not so special to you, but for a poor little boob and peon like me, it's very special.

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Samana1 said:
Using miles to get a cheaper flight is normal!!!! and not so special as you say.

Samana! You, my friend, are indeed very "SPECIAL"

John (just your average peon)

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
johnsr said:
BE CAREFULL!!
John

Good advice. I use AA Mastercard for EVERYTHING but I pay the balance each month. I think that if you do not, it is 13 or 14% APR. The annual fee is 85 dollars but you get the first 6 months on the arm and 10,000 bonus miles with your first purchase with the card. You also get great deals in restaraunts all over the US that offer as much as 10 miles per dollar spent when you pay with the card. I just cashed in some miles for my last trip. It is nice to get a free ticket.
Larry

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Larry said:
Good advice. I use AA Mastercard for EVERYTHING but I pay the balance each month. I think that if you do not, it is 13 or 14% APR. The annual fee is 85 dollars but you get the first 6 months on the arm and 10,000 bonus miles with your first purchase with the card. You also get great deals in restaraunts all over the US that offer as much as 10 miles per dollar spent when you pay with the card. I just cashed in some miles for my last trip. It is nice to get a free ticket.
Larry
So very true,

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Well!!

miguel said:
I just wanted to let all of you know that you should take advantage of those dividend miles that most airlines offer. You can actually get free tickets to the DR. I have been using Us Airways dividend miles for years and I have gotten a whole bunch of free or almost free airlines tickes. I also have AA's AAdvantage and I got a few free tickets to Mexico. As you know, you must register with them in order to take advantage of these programs. For example: Us Airways would sell you a round-trip ticket to the DR for $77.50 if you have at least 30,000 dividend miles. When you register, they automaticly will give you about 10,000 and then the more you flight, the more miles you get on your dividend mile's account. So far, within 8 months, I have 23,600 miles. You DO NOT have to wait to get the 30,000 miles, what you do is that you HAVE to call them on the phone and tell them that you need to redeem the miles that you have and then they will tell you how much you need to pay. You can not book it online if you don't have the exact amount of miles. For example: I called US Airways today just to ask them a few questions and the person told me that I did not have to wait to redeem my miles( which I knew since I have been using these programs for years and years), she told me that if I wanted to, that I could get a round trip ticket to the DR for just $ 190 for the miles that I already have. The bottom line is this: People, if you travel to the DR, register with your airline's dividend mile's program. It's free and at the end, you will be able to travel for almost nothing. Also, take advantage of their credit cards, since you get mileage every time you use their card. One more trip or a few purchases with their card and I will be getting a free trip to the DR soon. That's the reason that I only came back from SD 11 days ago and I am already planning my next trip. sssshhh don't tell Amber since it's a surprise, hehe. Good luck. :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
:cool: About those dividend miles that I was telling you guys dolls about, I just booked my next trip to SD on June and I will pay the "BIG" sum of a about US$150.00 (including the US $70 tax and). I had to pay the rest because I had to buy a few miles in order to reach the 30,000, if not, it would have been just the tax. The regular round trip so SD from Phila is US$658.00 right now so I will be saving over US$500.00. Again, maybe someone does not know that all airlines have these programs.