Current Conditions $$ ??

QUALITYGUY1

Mar 24, 2003
:CONFUSED: I haven't seen any recent posts in the Currency Exchange section of this board so I need to ask here: I know the going rate on the currency exchange sites such as Yahoo Currency and FXConverter, which I've visited in the past few days, is ~48 DOP per 1 US $. Is anyone able to comment or give actual information as to what people have actually been getting for 1 US $ in the past week over in the DR??

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
The rate over the last week held steady around 48 or 49 to 1 in POP, Sosua, Santiago, Jarabacoa and was always 1 peso behind in Cabarete.

Larry

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Where are you looking?

QUALITYGUY1 said:
:CONFUSED: I haven't seen any recent posts in the Currency Exchange section of this board so I need to ask here: I know the going rate on the currency exchange sites such as Yahoo Currency and FXConverter, which I've visited in the past few days, is ~48 DOP per 1 US $. Is anyone able to comment or give actual information as to what people have actually been getting for 1 US $ in the past week over in the DR??

There are at least one or two posts a day from March 1 to today with the rates the last one (today) saying 48.65 for US$40.00 - The link on the DR1 home page takes you to the thread itself, then just make sure you go to the last page. That's easier than reading the titles of all the posts to find that one particular one. Think around 50 for the next little while and you'll be close enough.