South Coast EATS!

Lonniee

Feb 17, 2004
Hello everyone! I will be in Juan Dolio and Bayahibe in a couple months and I am looking for advice one where to eat. Any help is great! I am looking nice more tourist places all the way to little local food trucks. Anything that more knowledgable people think is good and would be safe for a tourist to eat.

Thanks again!

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Here are a few suggestions for starters:
On Calle Blvd. in Jaun Dolio you have Buckeye Chucks for a simple lunch of typical American sandwiches and french fries. (Do not forget the ice cold beer!) The location is nice because it is on the busiest corner and people watching is great at this open air resturaunt. Down the street a bit is El Meson which is a good place for a sit down dinner. The food and service are both good there. It sits back a little bit from the sidewalk so that the foot traffic does not spoil the mood of the dinner. Many of the local couples will go there for a special night out. (Do not forget the ice cold beer!) Walk down the street a bit and you will find Cafe Plaza Real Resturaunt. This is nice for an afternoon pizza or a great Italian meal in the evening. It actually is good for any meal including breakfast. It is a little bit fancier but fits any mood from casual to romantic. .(Do not forget the ice cold beer!) Right next to Cafe Real is Guilla's Cafe, my favorite haunt. Guilla's is the hang out for the people living in Jaun Dolio. It is where you can learn the most about the area. The food and service is good. They offer full breakfast lunches and dinners. The menu has the largest variety to choose from. My favorites at Guilla's are the cresants at brakfast,the hamburgers for lunch,and the lasagna for dinner.(Do not forget the ice cold beer!)
Another great place to eat is the Swiss Deli which you will have to ask someone for directions to as you can not walk there. The Swiss Deli is a short ways from town but it is definately worth the trip. They have a good variety and good service. I have only heard good things about them.
I do not think it is a good idea for you to eat at the colmados along the roadside because your stomach is not used to the local food and way it is cooked. If you really want to try typical Dominican food try the little resturaunt next to Buckeye Chucks. Most of the people who work at the resorts go there for lunch. They have good food, fast service and it is cheap for a typical Dominican lunch. (Don't forget the cold beer!)
OK, now that you have gained 10lbs simply by reading my suggestions.....have fun eating your way through Jaun Dolio.