Air Santo Domingo new first class to SJU

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
Air Santo Domingo now offers a first class section on its SJU flights with a hot meal service and snak box on Y class.
I saw them today presenting the new service in national tv at "CON FREDDY Y PUNTO" program.
With this new service ASD earns another point.

EN HORA BUENA!

AirSantoDomingo

Mar 4, 2004
I am glad we are getting a good result out of this, and believe us, these are one of the many great things that are starting to take place on SJU flights.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Asd

It seems that Trans Merdian Airlines have stopped operations for Air Santo Domingo, the B757-200 N522NA is just standed the last 2 weeks in New York JFK confirmed by corespondents at JFK also a picture available

http://www.myaviation.net/search/photo_search.php?id=00086147

The flights are operated in a B727-200 by SUNWORLD INTERNATIONAL and not by TransMeridian Airlines the coming periods

Air Santo Domingo will also stop giving Business class.

The reasons is not confirmed but it seems that ASD have not paid aircraft lease or lease contracts are stopped.

For maintenance is it not because the last time the N522NA was mantained ASD changed equipment for only 1 week and it was an EQ of TMA.

Lets we see the coming days what happening.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
ASD vs Aeromar

Ok, you all right, i respect your opinion Henry but this is a special case, ASD will not be the same but maybe they will fall in the same HOLLO!! as Aeromar 1 C x A. They cant maintaine 3 weekly flights and will do only 1 weekly on HIGH SEASONto just use the route rights and keep image SDQ a JFK.

Aeromar 2 C x A will be created on the near future nor by the same Management of Aeromar 1 C x A, maybe by my self. :smoke:

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
Cristian just Aeromar logo scares people so sorry but Aeromar will never take off again, and if they do they will go down again.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Transat said:
Cristian just Aeromar logo scares people so sorry but Aeromar will never take off again, and if they do they will go down again.

Doesnt matter, i also will not use APA or Aerovias QSQEYANA.

If you have a good plans will be a great succes, the FAA CAT 2 certificate doesnt matter at all!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Eat Quick

Transat said:
Air Santo Domingo now offers a first class section on its SJU flights with a hot meal service and snak box on Y class.
I saw them today presenting the new service in national tv at "CON FREDDY Y PUNTO" program.
With this new service ASD earns another point.

EN HORA BUENA!

How long is the flight? They must just about throw the food at you the minute the wheels are up.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
That is Impressive

Transat said:
Hi rick!!!

No they have A FULL MEAL hot meal and in Y class a snak box.

It takes some doing to deliver the meals with time ot eat, and pick up etc., in 55 minutes. I doubt bigger airlines would bother , even in first class.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What route do they take????????

The pilots on American alway announce the flight time as "38 minutes",and it is usually LESS! Is it a "Glider"?Cris Colon

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
The Pilot Wears a Scarf and a Leather Helmet

Criss Colon said:
The pilots on American alway announce the flight time as "38 minutes",and it is usually LESS! Is it a "Glider"?Cris Colon

And hand starts the prop at takeoff if that's a clue.

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
WELL guys i did a san jose costa rica-montego bay with a huge L-1011-150with 285 pax including 20 in club in 1:00 hour we serve the meals,coffe and tea and pick up trays.

They have probably 2 FAs in first

Last edited:

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
FlyIng Restaurant

a Flying FAST FOOD Restaurant, AIR SANTO DOMINGO FAST FOOD SERVICES ON AIR, laugh :)

I think that ASD is doing totally wrong here, a 40 minute flight and donf forget landing and departures times.

Well maybe they can serve it if they have cap for 170 pax and their load factor is 60 pax

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Samana!

Whatever they are serving and/or whatever they are doing, i'm pretty sure is a hell of a lot better then what your precious Aeromar is doing. :dead:

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
eli said:
Samana!

Whatever they are serving and/or whatever they are doing, i'm pretty sure is a hell of a lot better then what your precious Aeromar is doing. :dead:
Hi Eli YOU GOT THE POINT!

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Que raro que Air Santo Domingo dan fast food en la ruta de santo domingo a San juan en 35-45 minutos de vuelos. otra lineas aereas en esa rutas solo dan snack. se ve muy raro esto. :devious: