Whatever Happened to Trujillo's Kids??

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
For many years I have been fascinated with the life of one of the cruelest person that ever lived in the DR, the dictador Rafael Leonidas Trujillo Molina.
I basically know all there is to know about him, from stories told to me by my father, family, friends and books. I have tons of books about him and his family and there are many different versions as to what happened with his kids and if some of them are still alive. Trujillo had 9 kids, 5 with 3 wives (Aminta, Bienvenida and his last, Maria), and 4 with his favorite lovers(Lina, Elsa, Norma and Mony). The most famous of his kids are Angelita, Leonidas Rhadames and Rafael Leonidas, Jr (Ramfis). There are many versions and I would like to know if some of you know exactly what happened to them. I will be getting a book within days that will let me know exactly what happened to them. One book that I have says that Angelita owns a gas station in Miami, that Leonidas Rafael was killed in Panama by Colombian drug dealers and that Ramfis died in Spain in 1969 in a automobile accident.
What about all his other kids??

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Thanks all!!!

miguel said:
For many years I have been fascinated with the life of one of the cruelest person that ever lived in the DR, the dictador Rafael Leonidas Trujillo Molina.
I basically know all there is to know about him, from stories told to me by my father, family, friends and books. I have tons of books about him and his family and there are many different versions as to what happened with his kids and if some of them are still alive. Trujillo had 9 kids, 5 with 3 wives (Aminta, Bienvenida and his last, Maria), and 4 with his favorite lovers(Lina, Elsa, Norma and Mony). The most famous of his kids are Angelita, Leonidas Rhadames and Rafael Leonidas, Jr (Ramfis). There are many versions and I would like to know if some of you know exactly what happened to them. I will be getting a book within days that will let me know exactly what happened to them. One book that I have says that Angelita owns a gas station in Miami, that Leonidas Rafael was killed in Panama by Colombian drug dealers and that Ramfis died in Spain in 1969 in a automobile accident.
What about all his other kids??
Thank all of you guys for the fast responses to my thread. I got the book that I was waiting for and now I have a better understanding of what happened to all his kids. Again thanks because I did not know that the thread was going to be so popular. H.D.P.

TERRY

Feb 1, 2002
miguel said:
Thank all of you guys for the fast responses to my thread. I got the book that I was waiting for and now I have a better understanding of what happened to all his kids. Again thanks because I did not know that the thread was going to be so popular. H.D.P.
Now that you have the book, you can tell us. Enquiring minds would like to know.
Terry

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
TERRY said:
Now that you have the book, you can tell us. Enquiring minds would like to know.
Terry
I think not. From all the "posts" that the thread generated, it's my understanding that the thread is boring so will refrein from boring you people. I guess that the sankie topic is the way to go. Signing off. Later.

Island Treats

Sep 5, 2003
SOSUALIVING.COM
"shess!!!" As Escott would say, "you just started this thread yesterday!!! For those that might know the answer isn't sitting next to a computer waiting to post and for those who would love to know the answer is waiting for a post!!! Soooo!!!!! Play fair or take your ball and marbles and go home. :lick:

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Come on Miguel, give us at least a short script of what happened to the kids. I'll be back in Sosua 16 March and i'll buy you a coke since it's not all about drinking.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Viejito!!!

AlaninDR said:
Come on Miguel, give us at least a short script of what happened to the kids. I'll be back in Sosua 16 March and i'll buy you a coke since it's not all about drinking.
In Sosua on the 16th, buy me a coke, it will be a large one since I live so far away. Quote me correctly, it's not all about drinking all the time. I drink alot of presidentes, maybe not as much as you, when I am in the DR. But thanks for the offer, anyways. About the book, it's a stupid book that says the same thing that I stated on the thread. They only talk about his three most famous kids, Ramfis, Leonidas and Angelita and it's says the same thing that I mentioned.
I want my money back to buy some coke. Can I sniff it too?. Ay caramba!!

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Sorry for your loss on the book. I am a bit curious about the kids for no particular reason other than history of my adopted country. Anyway, next time you're at Rocky's in Sosua, your beer (or coke) is on me.

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
my trujillo experience

Miguel, what you've done is kind of rude and childish, you know. I just saw your original post today and was hoping for some answers. I can tell you that back in the early 1980's I personally met "Nene" Trujillo (Trujillo's young half brother whom was pampered by the dictator as if one of his sons). We, in fact had quite a few drinks together, along with several characters from the Trujillo era. All with armed bodyguards nearby. He played a social visit to the country home of a retired general of my acquaintance. I cannot disclose where but it was in the Cordillera Central (he, like any other direct relatives of the "jefe" was not legally supposed to be anywhere near the DR and i wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble). And yet there he was. If I remember correctly he lived in Miami at the time. I was impressed with his elegance of manners and overall level of culture (in other words, he was not the brute I would've expected). I did feel a pinch of horror though, by his casuallly unapologetic nostalgia for his brother's regime. The other elders in the group treated him with the kind of respect that I guess someone like Tony Soprano or a Trujillo expects from his subordinates. To make things even spookier he had an amazing physical resemblance to his infamous older brother, the general?simo. I have kept this meeting secret from my family all these years since several of my close relatives were tortured or had property taken away by that dictatorship. Yet, in an odd way I cherish having met someone who had been so close to such an important figure of the Dominican past. Do you, or anyone else reading this, know where he is now? Dead perhaps? Hopefully not counseling Hipolito at the presidential palace.
-Tordok

callie

Mar 7, 2004
miguel said:
I think not. From all the "posts" that the thread generated, it's my understanding that the thread is boring so will refrein from boring you people. I guess that the sankie topic is the way to go. Signing off. Later.
Too bad. I was actually interested enough to respond! :disappoin

:bunny:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Who me????

Tordok said:
Miguel, what you've done is kind of rude and childish, you know. I just saw your original post today and was hoping for some answers. I can tell you that back in the early 1980's I personally met "Nene" Trujillo (Trujillo's young half brother whom was pampered by the dictator as if one of his sons). We, in fact had quite a few drinks together, along with several characters from the Trujillo era. All with armed bodyguards nearby. He played a social visit to the country home of a retired general of my acquaintance. I cannot disclose where but it was in the Cordillera Central (he, like any other direct relatives of the "jefe" was not legally supposed to be anywhere near the DR and i wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble). And yet there he was. If I remember correctly he lived in Miami at the time. I was impressed with his elegance of manners and overall level of culture (in other words, he was not the brute I would've expected). I did feel a pinch of horror though, by his casuallly unapologetic nostalgia for his brother's regime. The other elders in the group treated him with the kind of respect that I guess someone like Tony Soprano or a Trujillo expects from his subordinates. To make things even spookier he had an amazing physical resemblance to his infamous older brother, the general?simo. I have kept this meeting secret from my family all these years since several of my close relatives were tortured or had property taken away by that dictatorship. Yet, in an odd way I cherish having met someone who had been so close to such an important figure of the Dominican past. Do you, or anyone else reading this, know where he is now? Dead perhaps? Hopefully not counseling Hipolito at the presidential palace.
-Tordok
Me kind of rude and childish?, sorry your honor. I admit that I did jumped the gun a little, I beg for averybody's forgiveness. I was so dissapointed with that darn book, that told me exactly what I have alredy written. This is a book that talks so much about the sexcapedes and playboyness(hehe) only 2 of his sons and of how loose His daughter was. Anyways, I truly can not say anymore because I don't know anything more. I will keep searching and if or when I come up with something, I will let whomever wants to know, know.

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
Apologies accepted. It's just that since you mentioned having lots of books on the subject I was expecting some elaboration. Your question is still here, so maybe someone might eventually provide some update. But hey, we might as well enjoy the good riddance of such an abominable family. Historically of course they are of interest, but at the end of the day it might just be poetic justice that they have dissappeared from the public eye after so may years of ostentation and cruelty.
chillin',
-Tordok :classic:

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Interesting...

I actuallty would have liked this thread if it had stayed in the subject. I think is interesting. Thanks Tordok.

Sep 20, 2003
i read somewhere( i honestly don't remember where) that the daughter angelita is a real estate tycoon in miami,florida. she is a multi millionaire and has become, supposedly, and evangelical christian. she has at least one daughter, who was i believe trujillo's favorite grandchild. she would be in her late 40's now. i don't know what she is doing for a job, if anything at all.

as someone else wrote on these boards(in response to my questions) trujillo's son rhamdaes was murdered by drug lords in panama in 1999.

ramfis was killed in 1968 when he accidentially rammed his car head on with a spanish duchess and her son who were driving a jaguar automobile.

one of trujillo's illegitmate sons is involved in the airline industry and lives in miami.

i hope this answers someone's questions.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Talldrink said:
I actuallty would have liked this thread if it had stayed in the subject. I think is interesting. Thanks Tordok.
I, too, also thought that it was an interesting topic. I know alot about his 3 kids and him but not about the other 6 kids.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I heard that either Aeromar or Air Santo Domingo is or was (depending on the airline since the first one named (Aero) went belly up) under Trujillo family control or interest. I don't know who exactly, but they are there. Most of the Trujillo clan that are left are in the Good old USA-Ironically, but then again, Trujillo was so generous to politicians in Washington to the point that Nixon (when he was the vice president) said "Trujillo may be a son of a bitch, but at least he's our son of a bitch" and one of the U.S. marine generals (forgot his name) saying once that "Trujillo is a fine leader because he thinks like a marine. Latin America could use 20 more leaders like Trujillo". I personally have a love-hate relationship with the Trujillo deal. The hate is due to the violence (they didn't had to kill the Mirabal sisters, for example) but the love quite simply for the involvements with Trujillo and my Grandparents from my motherside. They were not really up there in the scheme of things, but my grandfather of my mother side was for many years one of Trujillo's chofer and was in charge of keeping the cars in mint shape. Trujillo paid my grandparents very very well (with house, farm land (which we still own), and good salary). In fact, if my grandfather didn't picked up the habit of drinking (he did fought against the intruders (Americans) in the 1960s, after that Barcelo became his friend as he lived the rest of his life in the farm Trujillo gave him which we still own in La Vega Real near El Pino in La Vega Province. Personally, I think Trujillo was a great leader. He manage to bring the Peso-Dollar value at par, the economy grew at a pace never before seen, life was great. It would've been perfect if he didn't impose the Terror into the psyche of the people, but hey, nothing is perfect on this earth.

TERRY

Feb 1, 2002
Nal0whs said:
I heard that either Aeromar or Air Santo Domingo is or was (depending on the airline since the first one named (Aero) went belly up) under Trujillo family control or interest. I don't know who exactly, but they are there. Most of the Trujillo clan that are left are in the Good old USA-Ironically, but then again, Trujillo was so generous to politicians in Washington to the point that Nixon (when he was the vice president) said "Trujillo may be a son of a bitch, but at least he's our son of a bitch" and one of the U.S. marine generals (forgot his name) saying once that "Trujillo is a fine leader because he thinks like a marine. Latin America could use 20 more leaders like Trujillo". I personally have a love-hate relationship with the Trujillo deal. The hate is due to the violence (they didn't had to kill the Mirabal sisters, for example) but the love quite simply for the involvements with Trujillo and my Grandparents from my motherside. They were not really up there in the scheme of things, but my grandfather of my mother side was for many years one of Trujillo's chofer and was in charge of keeping the cars in mint shape. Trujillo paid my grandparents very very well (with house, farm land (which we still own), and good salary). In fact, if my grandfather didn't picked up the habit of drinking (he did fought against the intruders (Americans) in the 1960s, after that Barcelo became his friend as he lived the rest of his life in the farm Trujillo gave him which we still own in La Vega Real near El Pino in La Vega Province. Personally, I think Trujillo was a great leader. He manage to bring the Peso-Dollar value at par, the economy grew at a pace never before seen, life was great. It would've been perfect if he didn't impose the Terror into the psyche of the people, but hey, nothing is perfect on this earth.

I have heard so many horror stories about this animal. Yet you and other Dominicans refer to him as great leader.You should talk to some of the people who were his guests at La 40. The ones who survived that is.
Terry.

Last edited:

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Well good for you, but....

To Nal0whs:

Your family's great history with Trujillo can account for 1% of the happiness the Dominicans had during that time. My mother and grandparents, along with EVERYONE else that I know from that time only has horror stories from his regime.

Im not here to hate on you, I'm happy your family didnt have to suffer like so many others, however, maybe you can tone it down a bit b/c there are so many others who didnt have your luck.

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I apologize for anyone that I have either insulted or offended by my way of thinking about Trujillo. I only liked Trujillo's economic history for the country and of course, the relation with my family. HOWEVER, I DID SAID THAT I HAD A LOVE-HATE REATIONSHIP WITH THIS TOPIC, THE HATE PART IS BASED ON THE BRUTALITY OF HIS REGIME. I never agreed that he should had been as brutal to get things his way - he controlled the country by being Head of the Military after the Americans left him there after the invasion. So, in short, I like what he did with country economically (more than what Hippo has done, that's for sure) but I am not all too well with his secret police "La 40" deal and his rampant killing of oppositors to his regime. I just wanted to clear out something. Again, I apologize to anyone offended, lets just pray for God to send us a Political candidate that can bring the country to economic prosperity Trujillo did but with better human rights record.

Status
Not open for further replies.