A.T.M Machines

S

STACEY

My friends and I rented a condo in Puerto Plata the whole month of August, and I'd like to know if I can use my bank card at the automated teller machines. Also, what does it take to open up a bank account there?

I've got alot of questions to ask, if anybody out there can help me I'd be eternally grateful. Thank-You All!!!

E

estrella

air flights.

Hello, I am seeking all kinds of help. I am planning a trip to Puerta Plata for Christmas and Newyears. My hotel is already paid, and am looking to see what cheap flight I can find. Can you tell me what airlines offer cheaper flights than American Airlines? One person told me that he goes to Puerta Plata from Canada, but I live in Indiana and don't want to go north to travel south! Please give me any type of information you can. Thanks. Estrella

E

estrella

Re: air flights.

Hello, I am planning a trip to Puerta Plata in December. Hotel already paid for. Need flight information . Need cheap flight. Need names of airlines other than American Airlines. If you have any information, please let me know. One person told me that he got a cheap flight from Canada, but I live in Indiana and don't necessarily want to go north to fly south. Any information iw greatly appreciated. Thanks. Estrella

J

jim

hi,you can still get tickets on aeromar for dec.but you will have to take a bus from santa domingo to puerto plata,about the only scheduled flights from the states to pop are AA and TWA, northwest will be going every saturday starting in dec.but they havn't made up thier schedule yet.you had better hurry or you will find yourself not being able to book a flight for dec,by the way thier phone number is 1 877 237 6627 and they fly out of miami,good luck.....jim

T

Tom

If you have already paid for your hotel etc, I would advise you to book ANY flight you can find. Most Airlines are sold/selling out for that period

A

ann

I would check with your only local bank where you live, to make sure that they are on the PLUS system. I recently ask one of my banks here in Canada and they do not work on the international PLUS system, but my other bank does. As far as machines, there is lots in the Puerto Plata area. Also apparently to open a bank account down there (Bank of Nova Scotia) you need to have a letter of good standing with your bank.

J

Jim Hinsch

Either the PLUS system (operated by VISA) or the CIRRUS system (operated by MasterCard) will do. Those are two big international ATM networks in addtion to the Europay system. Nearly every ATM card is on one of these 3 systems so your card should work. You do not have to be on the PLUS system to use a CIRRUS card, or vice-versa. The PLUS and CIRRUS systems are linked, as is Europay. Very few banks issue cards nowadays that are on stand-alone systems and almost all the regional networks are hooked to the international networks.

Jim Hinsch JimHinsch@CSI.COM

J

Jack Wampler

Yes, you should book asap. I just made our reservations via Aeromar out of Miami. From Indiana you could take ATA to Miami and then Aeromar to Santo Domingo. American only had first class available to Puerto Plata when we wanted to go and of course the price was out of sight. That was a couple of weeks ago. If you take Aeromar,the Metro bus from Santo Domingo to the North Coast is great. Far better than our buses here in the U. S. The scenery is also spectactular. Fun Jet also has a charter that no doubt will begin right about Christmas time. They fly Round trip from Chicao to Puerto Plata. Their prices are excellent but I doubt that they will book you yet. You might contact any Carlson Wagonlit agency for info on FunJet. An excellent value if it is available. But I dont think I would take the chance on waiting to see when and if they will be doing their charters.