best trip...awful tourists

chazzoo2

Feb 7, 2004
Just wanted to post a note about our trip. We had a wonderful time and we will be back. we stayed at Sun Village in Puerta Plata and it was terrific. The people are the best. My only complaint was with Some of the God awful Tourists that the staff had to deal with. Learn some manners people! And would it hurt you to tip a little? A few bucks goes a long way. There was this one group, not sure where they came from but there was this one woman who tried to get a Bartenter's attention by yelling "YO PEDRO". She's lucky I didn't hold her head under water. The employees do nothing but accomadate you SO BE NICE and show a little cooth.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Good report, chazzoo2. You are right about some of the tourists. They act like they should be in a cage instead of a hotel.

Btw, you only need to post in one section. Everybody checks all sections.

chazzoo2

Feb 7, 2004
mountainfrog said:
@ chazzoo2:
It was very polite of you not to mention any nationality in
particular.
But who do you think are the worst lot?
M?frog
I'd rather not say,there are certain groups, but I think it's more idividual than any specific group. there are bad apples in every bunch.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Yo! Pedro!

chazzoo2 said:
... but there was this one woman who tried to get a Bartenter's attention by yelling "YO PEDRO". She's lucky I didn't hold her head under water ...
LOL. I haven't stopped laughing since I read that. Too funny! Can I have your permission to use that on a few annoying folks here? When they post an attcak, I'll just respond with, "Yo! Pedro!" :: laughing :: Thanks for sharing ...

Tom aka XR My motto is 'Love Thy Neighbor'. My neighbor is an 18 year old hooker.

chazzoo2

Feb 7, 2004
XanaduRanch said:
LOL. I haven't stopped laughing since I read that. Too funny! Can I have your permission to use that on a few annoying folks here? When they post an attcak, I'll just respond with, "Yo! Pedro!" :: laughing :: Thanks for sharing ...

Tom aka XR My motto is 'Love Thy Neighbor'. My neighbor is an 18 year old hooker.
Be my guest, glad you liked it

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You go to an AI..........

chazzoo2 said:
Just wanted to post a note about our trip. We had a wonderful time and we will be back. we stayed at Sun Village in Puerta Plata and it was terrific. The people are the best. My only complaint was with Some of the God awful Tourists that the staff had to deal with. Learn some manners people! And would it hurt you to tip a little? A few bucks goes a long way. There was this one group, not sure where they came from but there was this one woman who tried to get a Bartenter's attention by yelling "YO PEDRO". She's lucky I didn't hold her head under water. The employees do nothing but accomadate you SO BE NICE and show a little cooth.

.....don''t expect anything more than what you got. Rude, drunken tourists (because it's free) are often the norm, and manners, forget about it.

chazzoo2

Feb 7, 2004
ricktoronto said:
.....don''t expect anything more than what you got. Rude, drunken tourists (because it's free) are often the norm, and manners, forget about it.
All I know is that I will be back to the DR. I may even go back to the resort to see the people I befriended.Not all the tourists behaved like that, there was only the one that I experienced.And by now, the way she was drinking the coladas, the coconut milk is taking my revenge on her LOL. there is always one.Like I said, I'll be back, But I think I'd like it even more to be out side the resort. We had lunch with a dominican family and it was the best day of the whole trip. made a lot of new friends

lizzyhobby

Mar 14, 2004
tourist

ricktoronto said:
hi i am an english tourist and i am courteuos and treat everyone with respect thankyou lizzy

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Confused?

are you sure they were tourists and not just 'rich' Dominicans?

Last edited:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
melvinfrom NYC said:
probably canadians

I doubt it. I bet I know what group chazzoo is referring to because I witness the same behavior from a certain group every trip; but I wont say because of the severe backlash I will get from a few posters on here. Not my problem anyway.
Larry

calbano

Aug 11, 2005
awful tourist

Im not affaid to say how f ing rude the tourist were. The dominicans on the week end and the northern england can stay where they live. I have never met so manyh rude sob's in my life as the northern english, nor did i know how much they hate americans geezzzzzzzzzzzz.
No one spoke to me eccept other americans and some canidians. I was truly appalled.
Yes I tipped, I left evevything I could to some of the women who worked there because they were kind and went out of there way to help me do what i neeed to do there. Although the night befor I left I had my credit card stolen and some money I hid in the drawer. Of course the maneger marcos santo was of no help . The wimp wouldn't even talk to me. I reported it stollen and told him the money was no big deal and as far as I was concerned the problem was his because he knew who went into my room. I was leaving but he was stuck with her, not me.
ALL ALL I had a good time and met some good people.