Airfares

D

Del

I would like to find a cheap fare to DR from Tampa, FL.

What is the deal with Aeromar?

Thanks

C

com007

Sorry I can not help you on this. I am also looking for thr best prices. I am located in Clearwater Fl, I was out there for the months of Dec., Jan, and Feb, and I will be going back.

J

Jack Wampler

We also live in Tampa Florida. There are some commuters from St. Pete and Tampa to Lauderdale and or Miami. Last time we took Southwest Airlines to Ft Lauderdale and then paid $24 for both of us from Lauderdale to Miami. We then took Aeromar to Santo Domingo. It's a little difficult but still quite a bit cheaper than American. Round trip on Southwest was $88 plus taxes. Believe American was $189 round trip from just Tampa to Miami at that time. You might want to check it out. Of course you can also drive from Tampa to Miami. Drive time is about 5 hours. Less if you have a heavy foot. Hope this is helpful

P

Paul

I can't help you on the Tampa to Miami leg of your trip, but I did use Aeromar two weeks ago to travel to DR. Their prices tend to be less than AA. If you can purchase tickets for date further out like late summer or early fall you can save even more. I plan to return in October and I think my airfare RT was about $80 or 90 less.

Paul

J

John L. MacDonald

You also could check this one. Southwest to Ft. Lauderdale, then Lynx from Ft. Lauderdale to Santiago, Lynx is a combo. cargo and has room for some passengers. I believe they fly two or three flts weekly.