Air Santo Domingo leaving NYC.

bluejet

Apr 6, 2004
For those of you interested in knowing-ASD will be leaving NYC next month, 1)due to lack of demand, 2)due to what Aeromar- "Lineas Aereas Dominicanas" did, selling 5,000+ tickets to screw up the dominican community and ruin the Dominican Republic's image when it comes to the aviation industry. Since people think it is the same thing as what Aeromar did, they are as well as the travel agencies scared that ASD would do the same. Well at least they are not selling tickets for the summer season like what Aeromar did, and they will continue to operate San Juan, where they have their market and they are #1 in the SDQ-SJU-SDQ route. Unfortunately the Dominican community in NY doesn't want to trust them, therefore they will be leaving the NY route. In my opinion at least they are not going out of business like Aeromar did, messing up the Aeromar Cargo Logistics, Miami, and the route that was and still is maintaining the company ?officials?, New York. They "bought" a plane "started new caribbean routes" for nothing. Well nice job, Rayan!!! (you know what I am talking about "samana1"). I do know that ASD will be coming back in the future if things get better, since there will be 4 airlines traveling to the Dominican Republic this summer and on; American, Delta, jetBlue, North American. But it will be nice to see what American is going to do now. It is going to be a tough competition.

I will miss you Air Santo Domingo. At least I can fly with them to SJU.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
How are they #1 exactly?

#'s of flights they are not even close to AA. Is it the hot dog and chips ?

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Is that what the almighty American offer on their flights??? oh no i don't think sooooo.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
More the Frequency and Service

eli said:
Is that what the almighty American offer on their flights??? oh no i don't think sooooo.

No just 9 flights a day and more than one plane. And if ASD gets any smaller it will be flying 1 flight a day from Boca Chica to Juan Dolio at an altitude of 2 metres, e.g. a gua gua.

Last edited:

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
bluejet said:
For those of you interested in knowing-ASD will be leaving NYC next month, 1)due to lack of demand, 2)due to what Aeromar- "Lineas Aereas Dominicanas" did, selling 5,000+ tickets to screw up the dominican community and ruin the Dominican Republic's image when it comes to the aviation industry. Since people think it is the same thing as what Aeromar did, they are as well as the travel agencies scared that ASD would do the same. Well at least they are not selling tickets for the summer season like what Aeromar did, and they will continue to operate San Juan, where they have their market and they are #1 in the SDQ-SJU-SDQ route. Unfortunately the Dominican community in NY doesn't want to trust them, therefore they will be leaving the NY route. In my opinion at least they are not going out of business like Aeromar did, messing up the Aeromar Cargo Logistics, Miami, and the route that was and still is maintaining the company ?officials?, New York. They "bought" a plane "started new caribbean routes" for nothing. Well nice job, Rayan!!! (you know what I am talking about "samana1"). I do know that ASD will be coming back in the future if things get better, since there will be 4 airlines traveling to the Dominican Republic this summer and on; American, Delta, jetBlue, North American. But it will be nice to see what American is going to do now. It is going to be a tough competition.

I will miss you Air Santo Domingo. At least I can fly with them to SJU.

Well i and everybody doesnt want what was happend to Aeromar, the case is closed and it was totally a mis agreement with the investors, the investors leased untill 26 Nov 2003 a B767 from Air Atlanta to fly JFK-STI-JFK and they did, but continues from 8th of December Aeromar had an agreement with investors they have paid already a 1/5 of the sum, but the other money never have reached Aeromar, Aeromar have used 1/5 of the sum to pay back the money to the passengers and other things.

Air Atlanta and Aeromar had already an agreement to lease 2 B757, but Air Atlanta never had received the money to lease the aircrafts until 8th of February 2004.

The Aeromar B737-200 was bought by the investors that have an agreement with Aeromar since 2002.

Aeromar had an agreement for the next;

Buy 1 757-200 and 1 B767 or other B757-200 (Planned for 2004/2005)
Buy 1 B737-200 (completed!)
Buy 1 B737-300 (planned for 2004 but cancelled) now operating for Sol Air and Aeropostal and Air Europa

Pay extend debts under agreement with an credit company

The DR is a FAA Cat 2 country but Aeromar and a MAJOR EUROPEAN FAA Cat 1 Carrier had an agreement to buy the aircrafts and fly USA-DR without any lease costs, Sol Air would be added to Aeromar a some thing as Alliance with Air Europa.

So the AEROMAR LINEAS AEREAS DOMINICANAS CASE is CLOSED!!!!

Air Santo Domingo is just wasting money on JFK-SDQ route, they have decieded good to stop this route or just fly 1 weekly, good for ASD their market is SJU-SDQ and mini charters, they never must join flights to New York due economical crisis in the DR, it was a mis step by the Management of ASD.

Keep Walking, A good time is to come very soon fo the DR Aviation

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
ASD vuelve tener problema otra vez

Aerol?nea Air Santo Domingo vuelve a tener problemas en P.Rico

9 de abril, 2004

San Juan, 9 abril -- La l?nea a?rea Air Santo Domingo volvi? a tener problemas en sus operaciones en Puerto Rico, cuando el ?nico vuelo que ?sta ofrece a Santo Domingo desde San Juan, se retras? por nueve horas, se revel? hoy.

Tradicionalmente cientos de dominicanos que residen en Puerto Rico as? como boricuas pasan varios d?as de la Semana Santa en la Rep?blica Dominicana.

Las l?neas a?reas que van al vecino pa?s mantienen sus vuelos llenos, por lo que los pasajeros de Air Santo Domingo no pudieron ser transferidos a otros aviones, lo que caus? incertidumbre entre los que esperaban viajar a la Rep?blica Dominicana.

Anteriormente la l?nea a?rea confront? problemas con la empresa que le arrendaba el avi?n que utilizaba, pero ahora tiene una nave propia, un Boeing 727-200 con capacidad para 170 pasajeros, que tuvo que ser reparado, lo que caus? el retraso en el viaje de acuerdo a un parte de prensa de Air Santo Domingo. EFE

pbp/bg

esta noticia es vieja de 9 de abril del 2004 de El periodico de Nueva York www.Holahoy.com

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
ricktoronto said:
No just 9 flights a day and more than one plane. And if ASD gets any smaller it will be flying 1 flight a day from Boca Chica to Juan Dolio at an altitude of 2 metres, e.g. a gua gua.

:classic: :classic: :classic: :classic: :classic: :classic: :classic: :classic:

John

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Samana1 said:
Well i and everybody doesnt want what was happend to Aeromar, the case is closed and it was totally a mis agreement with the investors, the investors leased untill 26 Nov 2003 a B767 from Air Atlanta to fly JFK-STI-JFK and they did, but continues from 8th of December Aeromar had an agreement with investors they have paid already a 1/5 of the sum, but the other money never have reached Aeromar, Aeromar have used 1/5 of the sum to pay back the money to the passengers and other things.

Air Atlanta and Aeromar had already an agreement to lease 2 B757, but Air Atlanta never had received the money to lease the aircrafts until 8th of February 2004.

The Aeromar B737-200 was bought by the investors that have an agreement with Aeromar since 2002.

Aeromar had an agreement for the next;

Buy 1 757-200 and 1 B767 or other B757-200 (Planned for 2004/2005)
Buy 1 B737-200 (completed!)
Buy 1 B737-300 (planned for 2004 but cancelled) now operating for Sol Air and Aeropostal and Air Europa

Pay extend debts under agreement with an credit company

The DR is a FAA Cat 2 country but Aeromar and a MAJOR EUROPEAN FAA Cat 1 Carrier had an agreement to buy the aircrafts and fly USA-DR without any lease costs, Sol Air would be added to Aeromar a some thing as Alliance with Air Europa.

So the AEROMAR LINEAS AEREAS DOMINICANAS CASE is CLOSED!!!!

Air Santo Domingo is just wasting money on JFK-SDQ route, they have decieded good to stop this route or just fly 1 weekly, good for ASD their market is SJU-SDQ and mini charters, they never must join flights to New York due economical crisis in the DR, it was a mis step by the Management of ASD.

Keep Walking, A good time is to come very soon fo the DR Aviation

let it go already

the subject here is ASD, Aeromar's case is closed, so lets not bring it up

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Where is "Stan-The-Man" now?????????????????????

He is always the first to Bad Mouth "American Airlines",and "cheerlead" The Dominican (Can't really call them AIRLINES now can I?) "Fiascos"!"YO" Stan! Another one of your "Jokes" bites the dust! "AA" All The Way"!!!!!!!! Cris Colon

"Stan",are you out there??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :p

eli

Jun 10, 2003
I haven't seen them bitting the dust all i've seen is ASD pulling out of the NYC market i understand they are still flying to SJU and the chartes they operate, because if that was the case many airlines have gone broke due to the fact that they pull out of a market.

Jan 1, 2002
lol Criss low class, rie rie. y celebra. you A300 has problem, like yesterday in sdq.

but i dont have ??acciones en sapgroup??, la defiendo como dominicana.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
ASD has low demand. I just don't get why they would pull put now and now in september. maybe it has something to do with Jetblue.

economics don't add up...ASD will pull out due to lack of demand while a new airline will start service and most likely continue to offer service for years to come. the problem is lack of stability. Asd showed promise but you can't expect a company who is wet leasing planes to actually survive.

So Aeromar left 5k stranded people and somehow it has ruined ASD, I don't think so. Why hasn't it ruined CO or AA.

Some of you need to realize that competiotion is healthy and good for the customers. Economics 101: Law of Supply and Demand

Now that AA has serious competition, we will hopefully have better fares. For those that love AA, you will continue to use them because AA will stay competitive. Those that hate AA ( I cannot understand why people hate them so much) then you have options.

Remember first comes safety, then safety, then service. Forget about " I want to fly with them because they serve mangu and salami." That is rididulous. You can have the mangu and salami one you land. You can wash it down with Presidente with Clamato..recommended by el Nuevo Gringo de la Bachata CC

N.Y. BOY

Feb 21, 2004
New Dominican airlines have learn from other mistakes, "wet lease" dose not work.

Now, that we all know that when dominincan airlines try to rent serivices for thier airlines "wet lease" agreement with another airline for regular flights, it tend to be a faliure for the dominican airline company the tend to give that type of service for their clients. On the other hand, charter flight tend to be more sucessful because the operator has more control if that flight can make a profit or not due to supply and demand.

If we analize why it failed, this is my opinion.

1- FAA Catagory 2.
Before the FAA imposed the restriction of the Cat 2, Dominicana Airlines they were making profits flight, (before the corruption era).It was proven to be a self-sustaing airline. Air Jamiaca right now is the most successful airline in the carribbean region with there own airplanes. Thier company is well organized with little or no corruption and most important thier country are not on the Cat 2 restiction list.
I have a question? Can we do it too?

2- Unstable Dominican economy.
In the past when Dominicana was flying, the economy was favorable for the airline to grow, its tickets prices were affordable at that time, with better passenger in-flight service with thier own airplanes. Now the unstable effect of the rise and fall of the U.S Dollar that have a significant effect on the country's economy it seemed to have an unfavoarble effect for any airline.
Do Dominicans a chance to change the economy form the upcomming election? UUMMM? let see and wait?

3- Passenger Confident.
Before, Dominicans had confident to fly on Dominicana Airlines quite often until it went broke. Also with Aeromar, it did gained passenger confident again before it went broke with to the "wet lease" contracts. Then came Air Santo Domingo also they did a well, with the "wet lease" contracts, but as of now of the annoucment the discontined flight to JFK? Whats nexts?? Does the dominican aviation community still have the chance with the dominicans citizens for the next upcomming Dominican Airline?

I think there room for improvement in those three areas for a Dominican airline can succeed without "wet lease".

What do you think?

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Stanley Joaqu?n said:
lol Criss low class, rie rie. y celebra. you A300 has problem, like yesterday in sdq.

but i dont have ??acciones en sapgroup??, la defiendo como dominicana.

Nor do they mention the aborted takeoff in Romana two days ago. by AA that is.