shipping a car or scooter

sisjay

Feb 27, 2004
Don't know if this is the right place to post this but...

I will be in the D.R. for several years attending UNIBE... I'd like to have my motorized scooter (moped) shipped...

How much will I have to pay to bring the scooter in the country (D.R.)... Is there a place where I can find this info (such as a website).

Is there a standard fee for customs on such an item?

Thanks,
JayVon

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I don't know if you are a male,or a female,but....

It really makes little difference.You may think it would be economical,and adventurous to ride a "Scooter"("Motor" here) in the DR.Nothing could be further from the truth!! There is a "Pecking Order" on the streets here,and you would be "LAST"! Other vehicles will drive as if you do not exist! I see accidents virtually every day.You will be left lying in the street!Others will probably add their similar commentaries.There are lots of busses,public taxis(up to 6 passengers,fixed route),private taxis(you call them ,they go where you want)and even guys on "Scooters", if you have a "Death Wish"! A million people get around Santo Domingo without a car,or "scooter",you will too!(Never go on a highway on a "Scooter!!!)Cris Colon

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Not Scooterville, really

sisjay said:
Don't know if this is the right place to post this but...

I will be in the D.R. for several years attending UNIBE... I'd like to have my motorized scooter (moped) shipped...

How much will I have to pay to bring the scooter in the country (D.R.)... Is there a place where I can find this info (such as a website).

Is there a standard fee for customs on such an item?

Thanks,
JayVon

In addition to probably having duty and taxes for more that it's worth there is the risk as Criss adroitly points out that you will die in the first 4 minutes of scooterdom in the capital.

As such pay the tuition in installments.

Towns like Boca Chica can handle scooters as the traffic is limited and can't go all that fast - in SD youll be under a truck or bus or taxi faster than you can say, "Is that a scooter part embedded in my cranium?".

Last edited: