Extreme Sporting in the DR! May-June

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
Any Extreme Sporting in the DR! May-June???

I was interested in finding out possible excursions such as White Water Rafting, ATV riding Horseback Riding, Jet Skiing @ Boca Chica, And exploring in the hills during my trip to the DR May 30th - June 6th. If anyone knows of any trips, guides or tour excursions or person that could assist or if you know of a website to refer me to or if you have information please let me know! Thanks!

Last edited:

emendoza

Mar 16, 2004
We're going to the DR for the first time in May. We considered a Cabarete or Sousa & Jarabacoa combo for our trip to get the adventure of the ocean & the mountain (we're relaxing in Samana the whole time instead). Not sure if you've seen this site, but http://iguanamama.com/ was responsive when we emaild them. Here's the hotel we considered in Jarabacoa & they offer excuriouns too http://www.ranchobaiguate.com/rancho2/inicio.htm . Good luck!

Red_Girl

Mar 5, 2004
Mel Tours

I posted this in another thread:

"I did a trip through Mel Tours. Mel has offices in Puerto Plata and Sosua (that I am aware of, anyway). The tours were fantastic and very cheap. The Jeep Safari Tour that I did was $25 US. I would recommed checking out Mel's place if you'll be in the area. I had a great experience and heard lots of wonderful things about his other tours as well. The office where you can find Mel himself (he is also willing to make deals if you buy more than one tour, and customize tours for you) is in Sosua directly across from Sosua by the Sea, beside Taino Bar (near Casa Marina Beach Hotel). I can't give you better directions, though, sorry. I'm sure the tour you had in mind will be wonderful as well, but Mel's tours are definitely cheap cheap cheap. Have a great trip!!"

Mel had white water rafting, horseback riding, all the stuff you're looking for. He was 1/2 the price of any other tour I saw. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a website, but he was more than willing to accommodate us. I don't think you'd need a reservation. I have a feeling Mel would take you on a private tour himself rather than turn a customer away. You should definitely look him up. Also, I should mention that the waterfall tour that I did had a more difficult component, that some people were climbing on their own. (We climbed 7 of 21 waterfalls.) You could probably hire a Dominican to take you all the way up if you wanted an extra challenge. Ask Mel about it. Have a great time!!!

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
Excursions Out of the South Coast?

Are there any South Coast Tours (Jeep Safari, white water rafting, horseback riding, waterfall tours) out of Santo Domingo or Boca Chica that anyone knows about???

Red_Girl said:
I posted this in another thread:

"I did a trip through Mel Tours. Mel has offices in Puerto Plata and Sosua (that I am aware of, anyway). The tours were fantastic and very cheap. The Jeep Safari Tour that I did was $25 US. I would recommed checking out Mel's place if you'll be in the area. I had a great experience and heard lots of wonderful things about his other tours as well. The office where you can find Mel himself (he is also willing to make deals if you buy more than one tour, and customize tours for you) is in Sosua directly across from Sosua by the Sea, beside Taino Bar (near Casa Marina Beach Hotel). I can't give you better directions, though, sorry. I'm sure the tour you had in mind will be wonderful as well, but Mel's tours are definitely cheap cheap cheap. Have a great trip!!"

Mel had white water rafting, horseback riding, all the stuff you're looking for. He was 1/2 the price of any other tour I saw. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a website, but he was more than willing to accommodate us. I don't think you'd need a reservation. I have a feeling Mel would take you on a private tour himself rather than turn a customer away. You should definitely look him up. Also, I should mention that the waterfall tour that I did had a more difficult component, that some people were climbing on their own. (We climbed 7 of 21 waterfalls.) You could probably hire a Dominican to take you all the way up if you wanted an extra challenge. Ask Mel about it. Have a great time!!!