best way from sosua to rio san juan

msugirl

Apr 16, 2004
Two 25 yr old girls travelling to Sosua at the end of May. This will be my fourth time to the DR, but my friends first so I feel it is my duty to make sure she has a good time. First question: are there any good discos in the area where you don't get harassed, felt up, or are engaged by the time you leave the club? and two: what is the best way to get to rio san juan just for the day? how is renting a car in DR?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The least expensive way to visit Rio San Juan for the day is to take a publico (public car). The Sosua terminal is across the highway from the Texaco station. The cars have a blue box on top that say Sosua-Rio San Juan. As soon as a car fill, it leaves. The normal load is four paxs in back seat and 2 in front with driver, but you and your friend can pay for 4 seats and have the back seat for yourself. The price will be small fraction of what you would pay for a rental car or a taxi. When you are ready to return, go to the Rio San Juan terminal and take one of the cars to Sosua.

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
Unless of course .....

If indeed you are driving, head toward Cabarete and keep on going. You'll hit Rio San Juan.

msugirl

Apr 16, 2004
Thanks for the advice. Ken I think I will try the public car. Any idea of how much this should cost?

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
The publico from Sos?a to Gaspar Hern?ndez is 25 pesos. Not sure of the cost to Rio San Juan, but I doubt that the total would be more than 35. You can ask to see a list of prices if you think the driver is trying to overcharge.

Barry

Jun 28, 2003
msugirl said:
Two 25 yr old girls travelling to Sosua at the end of May. This will be my fourth time to the DR, but my friends first so I feel it is my duty to make sure she has a good time. First question: are there any good discos in the area where you don't get harassed, felt up, or are engaged by the time you leave the club? and two: what is the best way to get to rio san juan just for the day? how is renting a car in DR?

MSU - Others already replied about getting to Rio San Juan - You will find alot of other people your age in Cabarete. Take a taxi or guagua when you want to go out to a disco. There are a couple in Sosua but mostly filled with old men (like myself) looking fo UBH's and some straglers from the AI's.

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
just got back from Sosua...I found a good mix of people at all the discos. The Voodoo Lounge was fun and Classico also had a good vibe. A lot of fun partying with both the locals and tourists. Can't wait to go back