Trash on DR beaches

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Funny

Looking at the picture of the girls with the cellphone made me laugh. I think of all the "poor" girls I see yapping on cell phones in the DR and for about 6 months last year, I didn't have a cell because I didn't want the added expense. Makes you wonder.
Larry

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
Dominicans

Larry said:
Looking at the picture of the girls with the cellphone made me laugh. I think of all the "poor" girls I see yapping on cell phones in the DR and for about 6 months last year, I didn't have a cell because I didn't want the added expense. Makes you wonder.
Larry

We Dominicans have always been very 'comparones' (show-offs) and if we can find a way to get a cell phone, activated with only a couple of call cards at about 2 dollars each, in one month, it's not that great an expense....some of the girls obtain a cell phone from a better-off boyfriend who usually equips her so, in order to be able to call her often....that's now part of the culture.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
'comparones'

frank alvarez said:
We Dominicans have always been very 'comparones' (show-offs) and if we can find a way to get a cell phone, activated with only a couple of call cards at about 2 dollars each, in one month, it's not that great an expense....some of the girls obtain a cell phone from a better-off boyfriend who usually equips her so, in order to be able to call her often....that's now part of the culture.

Frank,

You have brought up a very interesting point about Dominicans. I do not mean to stereotype, but I find with my Dominican novia, that if she can not have the brand or style she wants, she will go without. I tried to sub a pair of Reebok for Nike once. No way. She wanted Nike.

It is not that she is hard to please; she just wants what she wants. It makes me crazy. At 5? 1??, large busted, size 5 shoes, and size 3 pants she is not the easiest woman in the world to shop for.

She never gets upset, she just says keep looking sweetheart. WOMEN!

Charlie
Indianapolis