Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default FYI : USD withdrawal

I withdrew $1500.00 USD from my USD Banco Popular account in Sosua, no fuss no muss.

Thought I might need a Manager approval but teller just checked the computer and handed me the USD.

I didn't last long...
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ok??

Quote Originally Posted by gmiller261
    I withdrew $1500.00 USD from my USD Banco Popular account in Sosua, no fuss no muss.

Thought I might need a Manager approval but teller just checked the computer and handed me the USD.
    And at one point I withdrew US $ 5,000 from Banco Popular. Your point being?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I withdrew US$10 from banco santa cruz yesterday.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default doom and gloomers

This was for the 'doom and gloomers" that were preaching the sky was falling several months ago.

That's all. Sorry you couldn't read into it. I am just not use to ‘spelling’ everything out because I do not like to insult peoples intelligence.

But I do question why the majority of replies, in any forum, invariably take a negative tack

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miguel
    And at one point I withdrew US $ 5,000 from Banco Popular. Your point being?
    Hey Miguel - I would have thought you would have known about all the rumours going around (on this forum) that it would be difficult to get U$D out of banks at this time. It was covered in detail a few weeks ago that the US $ would be impossible to get out of one's bank as Banco Central wanted to hang on to them all!!

Thanks for the update GMiller, glad to see that others are having similar service from their bank as we are getting from Banco Mercantil - never had a moments worry from them since Banco Central eased up on scrounging every last dime/penny from the banks vaults!! - Grahame.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update gmiller. You're right, there were a lot of "sky is falling" posts not too long ago. Good to know that money can be withdrawn without any hassle.

I didn't last long...
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I have a hard time calling a man "BushBaby"! Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by BushBaby
    Hey Miguel - I would have thought you would have known about all the rumours going around (on this forum) that it would be difficult to get U$D out of banks at this time. It was covered in detail a few weeks ago that the US $ would be impossible to get out of one's bank as Banco Central wanted to hang on to them all!!

Thanks for the update GMiller, glad to see that others are having similar service from their bank as we are getting from Banco Mercantil - never had a moments worry from them since Banco Central eased up on scrounging every last dime/penny from the banks vaults!! - Grahame.
    I did wrote "at one point", sorry that I did not specified that "at one point" was several years ago. Mea culpa.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=miguel]I have a hard time calling a man 'BushBaby'QUOTE]

To make it easier for you Miguel, a BushBaby is an Australian animal (I think of the RODENT species). It has GREAT big eyes, a charming face & loves cuddling up to people - especially women!! The other similarity to me is that it has more hair on it's body than it does on the top of it's head!!

I haven't yet seen one with a pipe in it's mouth though, so if anyone gets a photo of that, ......... that is my perfect replica!! - Grahame.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gmiller261
    This was for the 'doom and gloomers" that were preaching the sky was falling several months ago.

That's all. Sorry you couldn't read into it. I am just not use to ‘spelling’ everything out because I do not like to insult peoples intelligence.

But I do question why the majority of replies, in any forum, invariably take a negative tack
    Well I am one of those doom and gloomers you speak about who doesn't trust the banks in the DR. That being said I withdrew about 55k from a bank a couple of years ago.

You think 1500 dollars is a lot of money? You think that because you withdrew 1500 Dollars that everyone is safe and the banks are safe to keep large sums of money in? You remind me of someone that spray tanned themselves to get a better deal on buying property and gave this out as good advice! LOL

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default For Escott only.............

Escott,

At first I thought I should not reply to you because I should not dignify your reply with a response.

In most cases your replies to anyone are USLESS drivel. You seem to always turn the message around to how much money you have and spend. ($5k a month). Are you that insecure? Is your member that small that you have to belittle most sincere posts? Must you ‘always’ refer to how much you have?

You do know that the above questions are rhetorical?

I would like to think that you are consciously an adult, so I ask you to NEVER reply to any of my posts. Do you think you can refrain from that?

In craps they call you ‘negative’ thinkers Don’t Come betters. Do I need to elaborate or do you understand my tack?

Oh, and please do not explain to me the odds are better that way. You’d only be mathematically correct.

Gary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast