Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
SDQ NYC 20 JUN
NYC SDQ 27 JUN

AMERICAN - 381 USD N CLASS MINIMUM FARE
CONTINENTAL - 441 USD
JET BLUE - 461 USD

Jet Blue's fare is WEBFARE, you have to purchase it via internet and to pay with your credit card. I am wondering, why JB doesn't know that passengers who fly from DOM to USA don't book online? 461 USD for web fare supersaver???? Too much for such a bad timetable.

:dead:

Apr 26, 2002
Why such intentional misinformation from Aviastar?

I just went to the Jetblue website, searched for the same flights mentioned by Aviastar, and was offered $345.90 roundtrip (taxes INCLUDED).

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
dear friend, unfortunately you don't read correctly my post, I am talking about

S Domingo-N York-S Domingo, your version is from NYC, and this is a big difference! :pirate:

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
As if JB has a ticket counters in DR yet

aviastar said:
SDQ NYC 20 JUN
NYC SDQ 27 JUN

AMERICAN - 381 USD N CLASS MINIMUM FARE
CONTINENTAL - 441 USD
JET BLUE - 461 USD

Jet Blue's fare is WEBFARE, you have to purchase it via internet and to pay with your credit card. I am wondering, why JB doesn't know that passengers who fly from DOM to USA don't book online? 461 USD for web fare supersaver???? Too much for such a bad timetable.

:dead:

JetBlue (JB) has not even started flying there yet, and already complaints.

I generally only book my flights on the internet anyway. I would assume, much closer to the time JB actually begins flying to SDQ and STI, they will set a ticket counter at those airports. Remember, they are a low-cost operation, with high customer service. I'm not even sure if SouthWest or AirTran have ticket offices outside of the ticket counters in the airports that they serve.

In the meanwhile, since you found AA's costs to be lower, just go ahead and book it now. No need to complain about something that doesn't even exist yet. Has anyone here even experienced JetBlue's travel to SDQ/STI yet? My gosh, cut them a break.

If price and schedule are your main motivation for where you book flights, why even bother looking at any other options than AA? Stick to what works best for you. For others, JetBlue will be a viable option, price and schedule-wise.

Best of luck.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
the thing is I am not an ordinary passenger who needs low cost and timetable, we are talking about Jet Blue's situation here in Dominicana. If they wish to sell in Dominican Republic they mut open a city office and pay a good commision to travel agents. Here in Dominicana like 75% of all tickets originated here are sold through travel agencies.

Jet Blue is not a low cost carrier, never! Low cost carrier is Ryan Air who takes you from London to Amsterdam for 10 pounds with all taxes. Jet Blue has low operation costs, but no lowest fares.

Actually I don't understand how they sell tickets, in case if I wish to purchase a return ticket with an open date, or for example I need a 6 months valid ticket, how do I book via their web?

Their strategy is wrong, lack of promotion here in Dominicana will destroy their coming. Nobody in this country knows about Jet Blue's plans to conquer this country. And the reason of this thread is to compare their fares to another carrier, to the one who owns this route! :devious:

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Aviastar seems extremely worried about JetBlue, which I find hilarious. I have no idea who aviastar is, but this has been a constant concern for him/her. Some examples below, see this thread:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30948

Hey Aviastar: have you watched how strong JetBlue has become in the US? Its going to happen here, too. And I can't wait! I will be switching over to them ASAP and no longer flying AA.

Why don't you just tell us why you're so scared of JetBlue?

Adrian

Message 1:

Flying SDQ NYC JUL1, NYC SDQ JUL 28

Jet Blue: 414 USD
Delta: 424 USD
American: 424 USD
Continental: 424 USD

Message 2:

who cares about TVs, by the way, Jet Blue's planes to DR will not be equipped with TVs. So you say that leather seat is too cool when you fly late nigh?

Message 3:

of course, CO's 767 and 777 are equipped with personal tv screens , but for some reasons Jet Blue decided to operate planes with no TVs to DR. So, 10 USD difference, night schedules, it will not be so popular. By the way, Jet Blue is not a low cost carrier as it claims to be, Ryan Air is a real low cost, you can fly from London to Brussels for 10 USD there, but here Jet Blue is gonna be even more expensive than known carriers, night flights are cheaper for carriers, so they have to present cheap flights. This summer 2 new airlines will strike a market, none offers something really attractive to call attention!

So, is it so cool to fly Jet Blue's strangest timetable paying the same?

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
I just re-read Aviastar's latest missive and I see he is most likely a travel agent concerned that JetBlue doesn't pay good enough commissions.. Aww.. poor baby, is your business going to be shut down because we don't need to pay your inflated commissions anymore?

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
dear adrian, you are wrong, actually I am not a travel agent and I have nothing to do with Jet Blue. Would you be so kind to eliminate your personal communications from this forum. Everyone is able to post an opinion here, so why are you worried about my worry? It is my problem, my opinion and since I am 100% related to aviation I have a right to post an opinion!

BYE!

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
aviastar said:
dear adrian, you are wrong, actually I am not a travel agent and I have nothing to do with Jet Blue. Would you be so kind to eliminate your personal communications from this forum. Everyone is able to post an opinion here, so why are you worried about my worry? It is my problem, my opinion and since I am 100% related to aviation I have a right to post an opinion!

BYE!

Yeah, but you have a hidden agenda in your posts, and people need to be aware of that. Most posting here are trying to help - but you have some weird reasons of your own for your "opinions".

With people like you in dominican aviation, no wonder all the airlines collapse!

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
well, first of all I am not from here, and the reason of this thread is to show that AA is cheaper than Jet Blue, if you don't agree please prove the opposite! :rambo:

avionics

Jan 24, 2003
Aviastar, I forgot which airline you work for, is it Air Santo Domingo?

aviastar said:
well, first of all I am not from here, and the reason of this thread is to show that AA is cheaper than Jet Blue, if you don't agree please prove the opposite! :rambo:

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
avionics said:
Aviastar, I forgot which airline you work for, is it Air Santo Domingo?

I think he is a baggage handler or cleaning service for Continental (tto bad as I DID like CO)

avionics

Jan 24, 2003
Like the kid selling burgers at McDonalds' saying that Burger King has bad products and that they won't make it in that "new market" because their buns have no seeds and their burgers are 10 cents more expensive?

I've seen that type before....They know it all and keep reminding you! :)

KrackedKris said:
I think he is a baggage handler or cleaning service for Continental (tto bad as I DID like CO)

Last edited:

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Different Structure

aviastar said:
Actually I don't understand how they sell tickets, in case if I wish to purchase a return ticket with an open date, or for example I need a 6 months valid ticket, how do I book via their web?
:

Jetblue does NOT function on a traditional round-trip basis. You will notice when you book your tickets online that each segment is independently priced. This means can you book a one-way flight in, and then one-way flight out when you feel like it. The 6-month valid ticket thus has no relevance.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
it is a pity that this forum one more time became a source for private messages like those stated above. People don't have to waste their time typing garbage like one written by some jerk called :dead: KrackedKris. It is such a pity that this forum is taken over by unprofessional people who only can speak s..t.

Try to be a descent person, prove the opposite using professional words and use mathematics, logic and reasonable facts. It is sad, but people like those make everything go down, even a thread on the web. WHAT A PITY!

Live your own misery! :p

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
aviastar said:
it is a pity that this forum one more time became a source for private messages like those stated above. People don't have to waste their time typing garbage like one written by some jerk called :dead: KrackedKris. It is such a pity that this forum is taken over by unprofessional people who only can speak s..t.

Try to be a descent person, prove the opposite using professional words and use mathematics, logic and reasonable facts. It is sad, but people like those make everything go down, even a thread on the web. WHAT A PITY!

Live your own misery! :p

This is an ongoing routine of yours, isn't it? You post some stupid garbage, then when people in the forum get annoyed, you complain that everyone is being offensive, and how "its bad for the forum".

None of us have ever been banned, I note, Papi Chulo (aviastar's other handle). What a loser.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
To all of you bad-mouthing Aviastar

I personally know him. He's not full of B.S. like some of you here think. He is involved in aviation 100%. He's not a travel agent who works on commision either. What he posted here was just a comparison. That's all. Then you had to come and turn it all around.

I would be concerned if I was an airline about to start service next month and haven't even promoted the new routes/fares. I haven't seen ONE Jetblue commercial on T.V. saying they're going international. Mostly all my Dominican friends don't even know Jetblue is starting service to the D.R.

And yes. I do agree with you Jeblue worshipers. I too worship them. It's my favorite airline in the U.S. have flown them many times. Including one time when the CEO was flying the segment I was on. It was a super cool experience.

Please. Stick to the original intention of the post. COMPARISON!!!

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
My favorite airlines in USA is Jetblue, Song/Delta and American. Jetblue is doing a great work, they are earning alot of money and they not losing money Which is great. Jetblue will do great in the dominican republic. Later on people will know about Jetblue.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
santobonao said:
My favorite airlines in USA is Jetblue, Song/Delta and American. Jetblue is doing a great work, they are earning alot of money and they not losing money Which is great. Jetblue will do great in the dominican republic. Later on people will know about Jetblue.
Well i will make money with a airline like Jetblue. low salaries, great deals on airbus, same as airtran airways u make 8.50 hr.