Cavity Question!

S

Stephen

I have been sending a few employees to the dentist lately to get their teeth fixed. The dentist has been very reasonable with his rates, but I have a question. When it comes to Cavities (which is how he determines his price) is it possible to have more than one cavity per tooth, or should all the cavities in one tooth be considered ONE? Anyone have this experience with dentists here? Thanks

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi Stephen,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

No specific DR related info but...

Is it possible to have more than one nail hole in a tire that needs plugging or should you be charged the same for one hole as for six?

What makes sense to me is that you should pay more. How much more - there's the rub.

Gregg
(and I have no connection with dentistry)

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Stephen said:
I have been sending a few employees to the dentist lately to get their teeth fixed. The dentist has been very reasonable with his rates, but I have a question. When it comes to Cavities (which is how he determines his price) is it possible to have more than one cavity per tooth, or should all the cavities in one tooth be considered ONE? Anyone have this experience with dentists here? Thanks
Is this really to do with living in the DR??????? or have I gone dolalley again

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Good question Stephen.
I would think it IS possible to have more than one cavity in a tooth. In the small ones (front) you could have a cavity in the front of the tooth & another at the back of the tooth. On the larger (rear teeth - Molars I believe they are called) you could have maybe 3 or 4 cavities. I think it MOST unlikely that dentists of repute would fill cavities in teeth that have more than 3 cavities, they would most likely clear away the majority of the tooth & put in a crown!!

Which is the dentist you are using? Maybe other DR1'ers have used the same person & can respond on their dealings with him/her!! Of course it IS possible that you are being screwed by either the dentist or your employee (maybe even BOTH), but for the relatively small amounts involved, I doubt whether the dentist would do this! - Grahame.
I am assuming we ARE talking about DR dentists??

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Stephen said:
Anyone have this experience with dentists here? Thanks

Where exactly are you? If you are near Sosua, I recommend going to Dr. Wendy Juma. I went to her yesterday and she was very professional. I felt very comfortable with her. PM me if you want her info.
Larry

S

Stephen

Actually..............

I never realized how many teeth we have!!! Never really thought about it, but when you hear 9 or 10 cavities, you think it's a lot (which it is) but if you have 3 in the back on both top and bottom there's 12 right there. These people have NEVER been to a dentist. Two didn't have any, so they just cleaned their teeth. I am very confident with the dentist, but I really didn't want to go looking into their mouths to count!

Thanks

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
Stephen said:

Stephen

One tooth could have cavities on front, rear, each side, top etc. Each "Face" or Facet is usually what a dentist considers

A molar could easily have 3-4 different "facets"

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
Ladybird, reading comprehension is important

:ermm:
Ladybird said:
Is this really to do with living in the DR??????? or have I gone dolalley again

As Stephen asked about "Dentists here," and this being a Domincan board, Most people would assume he is inquiring about dental procedures in the DR

Yes, it would appear you have again "jumped the gun" or as you would say, "Gone Dolalley"

S

Stephen

I should have mentioned

...........we are in Puerto Plata.