La Union Sosua

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
That is almost opposite the airport, where there is a baseball field and many apartment buildings. It's funny how things turn out; those buildings were built to provide better housing to people who lived in El Tablon, but only about 10% of the apartments actually went to those people. The rest were held onto by functionaries and other jerkos, who sold them.

I don't think it would be dangerous - and you wouldn't be the only gringo living there, either.

Frank13

Mar 24, 2004
Jane J. said:
That is almost opposite the airport, where there is a baseball field and many apartment buildings. It's funny how things turn out; those buildings were built to provide better housing to people who lived in El Tablon, but only about 10% of the apartments actually went to those people. The rest were held onto by functionaries and other jerkos, who sold them.

I don't think it would be dangerous - and you wouldn't be the only gringo living there, either.

Thanks for the infos

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
I thought I'd come back and say that, OK, you wouldn't be the only one, but you would be one of the very few, I guess.

It's very "t?pico" for lack of a better word and personally, it's not my favourite place, but may be you like it or have a great deal on a place or have friends there, or something. Two of my husband's brothers live there and they have really nice places but in some of the buildings the apartments can be great but the entryways and staircases can be darnright scary for their neglect. Each building seems different, in any case, and there are also houses at the back of the project.

Good luck.

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
La Union

It is actually where my girlfriend and her family live. Some of the buildings closer to the front are like apartment buildings with 3 stories (and the staircases can be tricky to descend when the lights go out) and others towards the back are houses like my gf's family's are single story/single family homes.

I am not sure if you are looking for a vacation house or a place to live or how much you are looking to pay but some of the places are ok. I would say La Union is middle of the road for DR. The location is ok as it is like 3 minutes from the airport and not far from Sosua or Pto Plata. But it is definitely not luxury or super close to the beach.

So it all depends on what you are looking for and the price - but I wouldn't call it dangerous (although like most places women will get their fair share of cat calls).

Frank13

Mar 24, 2004
Thanks to all of you for the info...
I'm looking to buy a apart there 3bed/1bath dining and living room i'll pay for that 10000$...

Best regards Francois

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
Frank13 said:
Thanks to all of you for the info...
I'm looking to buy a apart there 3bed/1bath dining and living room i'll pay for that 10000$...

Best regards Francois

I think if it is one of the decent houses then $10,000 is in the right range for La Union.