Extended stay

mscott

May 18, 2004
This is my first trip to Dominican Republic and I'm travelling with my two sons: 10 & 13. Does anybody have suggestions for a place to stay for three weeks? It's for Christmas. We don't need anything fancy but a pool would be great to occupy the kids.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
mscott said:
This is my first trip to Dominican Republic and I'm travelling with my two sons: 10 & 13. Does anybody have suggestions for a place to stay for three weeks? It's for Christmas. We don't need anything fancy but a pool would be great to occupy the kids.

What part of the country?

hooptie2

Feb 9, 2004
I have stayed on both coasts over the past 11 years and definitely prefer the north coast-puerto plata, caberete, sousa area. I have always felt very safe walking around the areas on the north coast and have the residents very helpful. Enjoy your the experience.
mscott said:

richard

Jan 1, 2002
Extended Stay

[ You may like Sosua, an excellent beach, lots to do, inexpensive dining. If the boys are interested in windsurfing or kite sailing you can spend a day in Cabarete, about 10 kilometres away, again a beautiful beach. A good small family type hotel in Sosua is Hotel Tropix, inexpensive, it offers some 2 bedroom units; is 7-8 minute walk to the beach, has a beautiful little pool, honour bar, fridge, a/c or overhead fans in every room and a friendly obliging staff. Horseback riding is available right at the hotel. There is a community kitchen available for guests when it isn?t in use by the staff. Wherever you choose to go, Christmas is a very busy season, so you might make your plans in the near future. For reservations and info email Sylvie Papernik
[URSylvie Papernik

hotel tropix

mscott

May 18, 2004
Extended Stay

How far away is Sosua from Santo Domingo? I've bought the tickets already. I'm just trying to get accommodations now.