Need Inflormation On Internet Provider in DR!

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
I am moving to DR and need an internet provider . time, and free access into the net. Here I have open access. no charges besides the usual. 23.00for Aol. no conecting fees, anyone have a service like that there? Your help in getting this service will be greatly welcome and appreciated!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I've never heard of a service like that here and doubt it exists. Plan on paying more than RD$2,000/month if you want DSL instead of dialup.

Porthos

May 13, 2004
Your options are Verizon, Tricom-Telecable and Faster, by Aster. You can choose between a modem dial-up connection or a DSL or a cable conection. Any case you'll be charged a monthly fee, no matter how many times you connect, or how long you stay connected. I think that if you use a phone line of one company (verizon or tricom) and have an internet dial-up connection with that same company, you are not charged the minutes you use your phone line (servicio local medido- local timed service perhaps?).

for more information try to visit the websites of these Internet Service Providers.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
First you have to get a telephone! Then, then you can request unlimited access for a given fee added to your phone bill. If you aren't a resident, you have to get one who is to put the phone in their name.

Texas Bill

burger2006

May 27, 2004
ISPs

I've found the best way to find ISPs in countries you're not actually in yet is to do a search on www.blinkx.com - it gives much more concise and useful results than google.