I can't believe what I witnessed on this trip!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Never thought it would happen...but I guess 'civilization' or lack thereof...got the best of Punta Cana...

This is not one of my typical trip reports...I came back very dissapointed...but here goes nothing...

Apparently, the fact that most of us girls have been reading up on DR1 about 'sankie mania' at the resorts, and are not falling as easily...the 'sankies' have found a new 'outlet'...if you know what I mean...to get whatever they want from the 'stupid tourists' as they call us amongst themselves...

GAYS, GAYS, GAYS...all over the place!!! (Now, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against them, as a matter of fact, I have many gay friends, that's not the point of this!) I could not believe my eyes when I walked into "Las Ca?as" at the Barcelo complex the first night ...I went to the bar with one of the guys in our group to get some drinks for the table, and I happened to notice this really cute guy...(not 'animacion')...standing there...so I started a conversation about the music...and he goes..."oh, but I don't dance"...and inmediately he turns to my friend, completley ignoring me, and says..'but I saw YOU dancing, and you dance sooo good!"...and on, and on, and on...

It was TOO funny...this is the first time I am passed over for a man!!! Oh, well...but then we started looking around, and there were more gays than straight men there!!! I had NEVER seen Dominican men so openly showing it, they usually try to pass as very MACHO men, but this was incredible!!

Anyway, I guess they think since the girls are not falling for the same old lines, that they would try this and not lose any of the benefits!

So, my advice for the ladies would be to be MORE CAREFUL than ever!!!
You never know if these men go both ways!!!

The trip was awesome as usual...great weather...not a cloud in the sky all weekend...The hotel could use a little updating, but it's still great!!! The air in my room was SOOO cold, that the two bottles of Coconut Tanning Oil I bought on our trip to Isla Saona got frozen!!! Had to leave them for a MINUTE in the sun for them to return to their natural state!

Ken...sorry ...I know you were probably expecting something a little more 'juicy'...but hey, all the trips can never be the same!!! But it was FUN!!!

I still got propositioned by a couple of older guys and a few younger ones...but now I know better...so they all got turned down very diplomatically, but not before we danced some good merengue and bachata...(well, with the younger ones at least!)

My new favorite songs..."Mi hermoso Ca?ahuate" or "ay, hombre" as the song is mostly known...and the latest by To?o (I think) that I can't for the life of me remember the name!

Other than that...another great vacation in PARADISE!! Oh, btw...Punta Cana is growing by the minute!!! Lots of new places...apartments, shopping centers, restaurants, new disco, hotels...Good for them!

I'll have pictures in a day or two...if anybody wants to see!

The Queen has returned

Glad to hear you had a good time dispite the gays that invaded PC.
I wud merengue and bachata with you but it is a long ways away to do that.
To bad we never get there at the same time, will look in on you on Saturdays again and chat..

? Hlywud

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Musicqueen said:
Ken...sorry ...I know you were probably expecting something a little more 'juicy'...but hey, all the trips can never be the same!!! But it was FUN!!!

Actually, MC, this report was better than the last two. It shows that you still have that p and vinegar that made your first reports so readable.

Perhaps you should set up shop in Massachusetts and sell honeymoon trips to the DR to all those gays who are getting married there.

:classic:

What is the world coming to?

PS: Does this mean we will soon have male posters "with stars in their eyes" writing about that wonderful animacion guy they met on their trip? Anna, are you ready for that? Maybe we should set up a section just for them and let AZB be the moderator.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Great! We often see people posting to be careful coz some do swing both ways, mostly swing to where the money is. LOL

Nice report MQ. Interesting.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
hobnobbing with royalty

It conjures up a vivid picture: Musicqueen, holidaying with the Queens.

Chiri

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Musicqueen said:
It was TOO funny...this is the first time I am passed over for a man!!! Oh, well...but then we started looking around, and there were more gays than straight men there!!! I had NEVER seen Dominican men so openly showing it, they usually try to pass as very MACHO men, but this was incredible!!

Other than that...another great vacation in PARADISE!! Oh, btw...Punta Cana is growing by the minute!!! Lots of new places...apartments, shopping centers, restaurants, new disco, hotels...Good for them!

I'll have pictures in a day or two...if anybody wants to see!

I'll respond in the order they appear above.

1. That was very funny indeed. But, you know how capitalism works! Money makes people do things they would not otherwise think of doing!

2. Yeup! The entire coast of Punta Cana will eventually become one big giant town (metropolis?) of buildings no taller than palm trees! It's going to be nothin but fun fun fun all the time. The Amber Coast is also moving in that direction of development, an entire coast devoted to relaxation and fun! Bad for the environment, but good for the economy!

backinthedr

Apr 10, 2004
Glad you had fun, hope you come back!

Just out of curiosity, did you go to Mango or Arieto...Mango is always jammed 7 nights a week...tourists and locals, and it is a blast!
I was in Puerto Plata last week..now, if we could figure out a way to put our beaches with your northern scenery and social life..wouldn't that be sweet!!
Yeah you are right,this place is changing by the second..everyone smells blood!!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
hob"knobbing" with royalty

Chirimoya said:
It conjures up a vivid picture: Musicqueen, holidaying with the Queens.

Chiri

Musicqueen....tell us...with all these queer sankies around you...did you witness any actual hob"knobbing"? I'll bet there were alot of knobs getting hobbed!

Larry

ftkid

May 25, 2004
gays

hi
im 24 and gay and going to punta cana, cant wait
where was this club, with all the gay lads

backinthedr

Apr 10, 2004
clubs

Its called pachi pachi....hehheh
Anyone living here will get it....not that Ive seen many Bavarro entries!!

blueyedjester20

Jun 2, 2004
Whats Punta Cana like after the floods ?

Im going to Punta Cana this weekend and Im wondering if its any different after the floods on the other side of the island. Has anyone been there this week, and if so are they having trouble getting food? Im goin to Barcelo Bavaro Palace... Anyone stay there or familiar with it? after reading Musicqueens post, im nervous and wondering if this is where Las Canas is....
Thanks

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
backinthedr said:
Just out of curiosity, did you go to Mango or Arieto...Mango is always jammed 7 nights a week...tourists and locals, and it is a blast!
I was in Puerto Plata last week..now, if we could figure out a way to put our beaches with your northern scenery and social life..wouldn't that be sweet!!
Yeah you are right,this place is changing by the second..everyone smells blood!!
Puerto Plata DOES'T have beaches. What a horrible place if you are looking for a beach. Try Sosua and Cabarete next time. Nice beach plus the LUSH GREEN.

Scott

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
No need to worry...

blueyedjester20...Punta Cana didn't suffer at all from the floods...we had great weather the 4 days we were there...not a cloud in the sky...

We stayed at the Barcelo Complex...although not at the Palace, but at the Beach...I think it's the one hotel in the whole complex where there is more activity than the rest! (More fun!)

ftkid...where are you staying? Las Ca?as is the disco at this complex, where they play mostly latin rhythms, the Bavaro Disco, in the same complex, plays more hip-hop and such...maybe one or two merengues all night...

From my experience in the times I've been to Punta Cana, Mang? and Are?to are great places to go dancing also, although I don't particularly like the type of music they play...but I'm sure you'll see a lot of young gay people there also! I went to both...but just for a little while...

Just go and enjoy yourself...but please be very careful!!!

Backinthedr...I totally agree with you!!! The best beaches are in Punta Cana, but the action is in the north!!!

Larry...I didn't see any actual hob'knobbing'...but I did see some hand holding and a lot of dancing and flirting!

ftkid

May 25, 2004
helo

Hi
im going to be staying at the natural park resort in punta cana
would be great if i found some gay places or people.
This disco they are talking about sems good
hope it is close by to where i am staying
thanks

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
ftkid said:
Hi
im going to be staying at the natural park resort in punta cana
would be great if i found some gay places or people.
This disco they are talking about sems good
hope it is close by to where i am staying
thanks

i love gays........ especial Julio la barbie :D :D :cheeky: :cheeky: :laugh: :laugh: :lick: :lick: ;) ;)

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Advice

To Ms. Z

I think if you are plan is to go to Punta Cana, the best thing is to go and spend the night in a Local hotel over there then you have chance to go to almost every club with out to pay to get in.

Club Med and Barcelo Hotels "Las Canas" you have to by a night pass to get in.

To musicqueen:

with not insults and Im sorry for ask.
Where you come from?

Let's if you are from USA, Canada or Europe. Gay and lesbianism is really usual that is nothing weird. most hotels have gays working interior design or dancer.
I dont think that is a surprise.

PS: I am not gay but I respect them as a person because now a day I dont have kids and you never know with what we have to deal in the future we always wish to have a straight son or daughter but we never know. In the same way we see many men hiding in Macho Macho mask also there many woman who are lesbian. I used to work for Melia Caribe Tropical and I saw
many employes gays also customers.

Anyways, I am glad you had a great time in the DR, I hope you keep discovering the most beatiful places that DR is having.

Take care,

Homer

Ms.Z said:
Musicqueen said:
GAYS, GAYS, GAYS...all over the place!!! (Now, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against them, as a matter of fact, I have many gay friends, that's not the point of this!) I could not believe my eyes when I walked into "Las Ca?as" at the Barcelo complex the first night ...

I was told today that the nightclub at Altos de Chavon would probably be very quiet in the off season and I would like my guests to have at least one evening out at a lively venue. I am considering arranging a night out at the Barcelo complex at the club quoted above (Las Canas) for friends who will be staying with me at Casa de Campo later in July. We would pay the Barcelo non-guest fee for entry if necessary. Would it be worth the trip from Casa de Campo to the Barcelo complex in Punta Cana? I was told by my villa agent the drive is about 2 and a half hours. Is Barcelo really that far away from La Romana?

Many thanks in advance.

Ms. Z

Ms.Z

Apr 29, 2004
simpson Homer said:
To Ms. Z

I think if you are plan is to go to Punta Cana, the best thing is to go and spend the night in a Local hotel over there then you have chance to go to almost every club with out to pay to get in.

Club Med and Barcelo Hotels "Las Canas" you have to by a night pass to get in.
Homer

Thanks for the feedback. I did consider an overnight trip to Punta Cana but I have already paid for accommodations at CdC and we will only be there a short time. I wish I had been able to find a nice four- or five-bedroom villa in Punta Cana. Entertainment for some of my guests would not be as difficult.

Ms. Z

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
simpson Homer said:
To musicqueen:with not insults and Im sorry for ask.
Where you come from?

Let's if you are from USA, Canada or Europe. Gay and lesbianism is really usual that is nothing weird. most hotels have gays working interior design or dancer.
I dont think that is a surprise.

Ok Homer I have to agree with that. But you have to understand we're kind of in shock over this news. We all know gay people are everywhere, but for some reason dominican men never fit that mold before. Son tan comparones, echones y machistas (claro, tu no estas incluido en esto) ;) y se nos hace un poco dificultoso aprender que si estan alla, y que el porcentaje esta ascendiendo! Un poco increible, pero cierto.

Last edited: