hola...newbie here!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
I just thought i would start a new thread to officialy introduce myself.

I am a gringo living in the NYC area (orig from boston) and have traveled to the DR 5 times over the past 4 years. Unfortunately i have only stayed in Boca Chica, but have travelled to the capital and to juan dolio and a few beaches around boca chica via guagua. Each time I visit i have had a GREAT time....doing a bit more exploring away from B.C., and have met some really great folks, locals, sankies, non-sankies and other tourists.

I can not wait for the day where i have more vacation time and a bigger budget so i can actually spend a lot more time on the island and really explore all that it has to offer.

I've been reading the threads here while at work...but couldnt find my password....so i have a few comments on some of what i have read and havent been able to comment on.

#1...regarding sankies. I'm a decent looking in shape man in my late 30's. On my first trip to the DR..i was alone in a foreign country and culture with passable espanole.....so i soon found myself befriending a sankie who became more of a tour guide rather than a sexual object. By hanging out with him i got a good feel of the area around B.C. and since then i have become comfortable taking the guaguas on my own and even made it to san pedro de... for a baseball game this past year. I have met a few male sankies...some i even regard as decent "friends" (have met their families etc)...but i wouldnt THINK of a real relationship or love with such a person. So to sum this up...i would encourage people here not to bash tourists who do meet sankies.....but nor would i encourage anyone who travels to think they are actually falling in love while hanging with a sankie. THankfully...after traveling a few times there i have actually met some really great locals (one a school teacher...another a cop) and no longer need the services of the sankies...but there are a few i still "help out" while there while not exploiting their extra services.

#2....there was a recent thread asking about "are dominicans good lovers" . Cant seem to find that threat here this morning...so i'll put it here. I have been in a relationship with a Dominican man here in NYC for the past 1.5 years. Sexualy he is a very hot lover...at first kind of rigid at what he would do...but over time he has really been willing to explore new things and has turned out to be one of the hottest lovers in my life. I am not saying that ALL dominican men are great lovers....but i sure am happy with my man (for the most part).

#3 Im soo happy that my photos that i posted (especialy the fat chic dancing on the beach) have gotten so many hits! I wanna see her get to the 1,000 mark! I promise to post more soon.

#4 after doing boca chica for 5 vacations...i would like to go somewhere else. Somewhere gay friendly (or tolerant). I do not really care for the capital. I live in NYC and i prefer the beach to over-run urban areas. I keep going back to B.C. tho since i have made some decent friendships over the years...and im just familiar with the surrounding areas.

#5 to anyone thinking about traveling to the dr.....do NOT stay at an AI!!! i've stayed at costalunga at at el candil....and i find the hospitality fantastic...while i also have the freedom to explore the local and authentic life around the area.

Ok...i just wanted to say hi and i am rambling on. (i also want to wish that woman in sosua luck and safety with those thugs......i would get my butt out of there at least for a few weeks and let things get resolved)

Ok..i think that is enough for now...hope to hear from you good folks soon...and perhaps give me some good advise for my next trip (SOON I HOPE!!!)

cheers!

jj :smoke:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Welcome to the board, jj. Your first post was informative and helpful. Look forward to reading more of your posts in the future.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Nice!!!

jrzyguy said:
I just thought i would start a new thread to officialy introduce myself.

I am a gringo living in the NYC area (orig from boston) and have traveled to the DR 5 times over the past 4 years. Unfortunately i have only stayed in Boca Chica, but have travelled to the capital and to juan dolio and a few beaches around boca chica via guagua. Each time I visit i have had a GREAT time....doing a bit more exploring away from B.C., and have met some really great folks, locals, sankies, non-sankies and other tourists.

I can not wait for the day where i have more vacation time and a bigger budget so i can actually spend a lot more time on the island and really explore all that it has to offer.

I've been reading the threads here while at work...but couldnt find my password....so i have a few comments on some of what i have read and havent been able to comment on.

#1...regarding sankies. I'm a decent looking in shape man in my late 30's. On my first trip to the DR..i was alone in a foreign country and culture with passable espanole.....so i soon found myself befriending a sankie who became more of a tour guide rather than a sexual object. By hanging out with him i got a good feel of the area around B.C. and since then i have become comfortable taking the guaguas on my own and even made it to san pedro de... for a baseball game this past year. I have met a few male sankies...some i even regard as decent "friends" (have met their families etc)...but i wouldnt THINK of a real relationship or love with such a person. So to sum this up...i would encourage people here not to bash tourists who do meet sankies.....but nor would i encourage anyone who travels to think they are actually falling in love while hanging with a sankie. THankfully...after traveling a few times there i have actually met some really great locals (one a school teacher...another a cop) and no longer need the services of the sankies...but there are a few i still "help out" while there while not exploiting their extra services.

#2....there was a recent thread asking about "are dominicans good lovers" . Cant seem to find that threat here this morning...so i'll put it here. I have been in a relationship with a Dominican man here in NYC for the past 1.5 years. Sexualy he is a very hot lover...at first kind of rigid at what he would do...but over time he has really been willing to explore new things and has turned out to be one of the hottest lovers in my life. I am not saying that ALL dominican men are great lovers....but i sure am happy with my man (for the most part).

#3 Im soo happy that my photos that i posted (especialy the fat chic dancing on the beach) have gotten so many hits! I wanna see her get to the 1,000 mark! I promise to post more soon.

#4 after doing boca chica for 5 vacations...i would like to go somewhere else. Somewhere gay friendly (or tolerant). I do not really care for the capital. I live in NYC and i prefer the beach to over-run urban areas. I keep going back to B.C. tho since i have made some decent friendships over the years...and im just familiar with the surrounding areas.

#5 to anyone thinking about traveling to the dr.....do NOT stay at an AI!!! i've stayed at costalunga at at el candil....and i find the hospitality fantastic...while i also have the freedom to explore the local and authentic life around the area.

Ok...i just wanted to say hi and i am rambling on. (i also want to wish that woman in sosua luck and safety with those thugs......i would get my butt out of there at least for a few weeks and let things get resolved)

Ok..i think that is enough for now...hope to hear from you good folks soon...and perhaps give me some good advise for my next trip (SOON I HOPE!!!)

cheers!

jj :smoke:
Welcome aboard!!!!!!!