Miami DR!ers

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
buuuuuuu so far, I have never hung out in Miami, I don't want to waste the one time I know will be there!

Where's Musicqueen??????

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
MaineGirl said:
buuuuuuu so far, I have never hung out in Miami, I don't want to waste the one time I know will be there!

Where's Musicqueen??????

Everyday making sankies melt on her Radio Show..... LOL!

you should meet her she's a very cool person (DON'T TELL HER)
she doesnt know i know her.....

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Oh, you little cheater!!!

How, where, when??? I didn't know you know me!!!

Anyway...mainegirl...I would love to meet you on the 6...but I don't know if I'll be back from DR by then!!!

I'm going again for the 4th of july weekend...I LOVE MY JOB!!!

Erickxson...I'll see you next time I go to SD...now I HAVE to meet you!!!

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Musicqueen said:
How, where, when??? I didn't know you know me!!!

Anyway...mainegirl...I would love to meet you on the 6...but I don't know if I'll be back from DR by then!!!

I'm going again for the 4th of july weekend...I LOVE MY JOB!!!

Erickxson...I'll see you next time I go to SD...now I HAVE to meet you!!!

i used to be tied to UNIVERSAL MUSIC once ahhhhh! im soooo glad im over it i met you at one of those social gatheringsssssssss...................................

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Oh, my...

That's even more dangerous than I thought!!!

What was I doing in that social 'gathering'????

Please explain...pm or e-mail me if you want...but I HAVE to know who you are!!!

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Oh, triple buuu, you two can go party by yourselves ;).

Musicqueen, your opinion: with one night in Miami, what is not to be missed?

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
If it's at night...

...head straight to Miami Beach...and then walk up and down Ocean or Washington Ave...where all the clubs are!

If it's during the day...go to the beach...there's tons of things to do and see there during the daytime!

Have fun!!!

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
South Beach is def the place to go if you only have one night. Plenty of clubs to hit up no matter what your taste is. If clubs aren't your thing, you'll still enjoy it since the crowds of people don't leave south beach until 2 or 3 am on Friday and Saturday's. Have fun

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Maybe, let's see....

if I can get some time off, haven't had a day off in a few months, including weekends.......but there's a family function down there around that time. Hopefully I can make it, I'll find a way to get in touch if I can

Apr 26, 2002
A side question

I will be near your fair city later this month. Anybody know any good Dominican restaurants and/or merengue clubs in the North Dade/South Broward area?

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
MaineGirl said:
Thanks for the tips. I love to people-watch. What is the best way to get around the city? Bus, taxi....?
We are talking my town now!
South Beach is for tourists and wannbees.
Hit either the Design District(if you want to be oh so trendy) or Coconut Grove(where the real Miamians hang). You might want to hit Calle Ocho to soak up some flavor but even this has become touristy.
If you really want to get down and dirty try Churchills Hideaway(up-town) or Tobbaco Road(Downtown)!
Bus? Forget it. Taxi are expensive and hard to hail. Best bet is to rent a car.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
I will be near your fair city later this month. Anybody know any good Dominican restaurants and/or merengue clubs in the North Dade/South Broward area?

Good? I wouldn't know.
But you can hit Little Santo Domingo(Allahpatta) to get your fix of Merengue, Bachata, Mangu and Tostones
N.W. 36th Street and 17th ave area

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
Renting a car will probably be the best thing even if it's only for a day. Buses only pass once every hour, if they pass. Taxis are way too much money like Tony C said. South Beach is not only for tourist and wannabes. Some people don't like it, and that's cool but it's not only for tourist and wannabes. If you are young and like dancing or just like people watching, south beach is is a great place to do both.

jorge_33

May 27, 2003
Tony C said:
Good? I wouldn't know.
But you can hit Little Santo Domingo(Allahpatta) to get your fix of Merengue, Bachata, Mangu and Tostones
N.W. 36th Street and 17th ave area

Tony is right, just be careful, that area is not the best place to hang out at night.
There is place around that area, "El Tipico Dominicano? - 36th Street and 14 ave, the best Dominican place in the area.

South Beach is for turist, if you are staying only for couple of days... If you stay longer, you'll meet the right "conections", then you'll get to know the ?true? South Beach with all the underground and VIP parties .. You'll have the time of your life.. I wish I was there when you arrive... I'll be in DR on July 5th thru 25th.
In the mean time, enjoy your visit.. and welcome to Miami :bunny: .

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
JDub said:
Renting a car will probably be the best thing even if it's only for a day. Buses only pass once every hour, if they pass. Taxis are way too much money like Tony C said. South Beach is not only for tourist and wannabes. Some people don't like it, and that's cool but it's not only for tourist and wannabes. If you are young and like dancing or just like people watching, south beach is is a great place to do both.
If all you want to is dance then Sobe is ok. That is if you want to dance to music by a D.J. playing pre-packaged Thump/Club music. For original Live(Not A D.J.) Sobe has little to offer. Too each his own I guess.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
For anything Dominican here in Miami you can ask me...

There are a couple of Dominican restaurants, but not in that area...

Mi Mundo Latino Restaurant
Address: 1256 W 68th St, Hialeah, FL
Phone: (305) 558-9159

Try that one if you like...ask for Luis...

As far as dancing...a lot of clubs play merengue and bachata...but if you're here on a Tuesday night...they may not have anything going on...

In North Miami Beach, on Thursday nights at Bermuda Bar and Grill they have a great atmosphere and a lot of Dominicans go...

Don't worry...I'm sure you'll have fun here in Miami whatever you decide to do!