Anyone stayed at Hotel Europa in B.C

Yakitori

Jun 9, 2004
I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the hotel Europa in Boca Chica?? Is it ok?? Any info on the following??
What is the daily rate??
Do they have suite rooms?
Is there a restaurant that is any good??

I usually stay at Casa Coco ehn I go to Boca but this time was thinking of trying somewhere different.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
i just came back from BC 4 days ago :cry: . stayed at the hotel europa. it's an ok hotel. one great thing about the hotel is its location. it's close to zanzibar and cosmo. just a few feet away so you won't have to walk the dark streets at night and ****. you can bring anybody you want as well. as far as the rates go, they charge $50 a night for a seaside room (1 bed) and $40 for the other side. just be carefull when taking your room, check the A/C first. i had to switch 4 rooms before i found one with good A/C (room 202 north side). when there ask for braully perez. he owns the place and speaks perfect english. i'd recomend the place. nice, clean, safe.

p.s. i paid only $35 a night coz i stayed at the hotel the last time i was there.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
p.s. they have 3 bed rooms. as for the restaurant, there is one, but i never ate there. if you want great food there is a chinese place just around the corner, they sell KFC style chicken and it's GREAT. cheap too, 40 pasos (80 cents) for 2 pieces of chicken and fried bananas.

aj2

Jun 5, 2004
[Yakitori]I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the hotel Europa in Boca Chica?? Is it ok??

I recomend you to go to the northcoast, (puerto plata,sosua or cabarete) or
to the eastcoat of the country, (Babaro or punta cana).Another choices are
juan dolio, barahona or samana.Those places are most better choices than boca chica.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Average

Yakitori said:
I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the hotel Europa in Boca Chica?? Is it ok?? Any info on the following??
What is the daily rate??
Do they have suite rooms?
Is there a restaurant that is any good??

I usually stay at Casa Coco ehn I go to Boca but this time was thinking of trying somewhere different.

For the price there are better deals with air conditioning ( the Europa is not all air conditioned) unless you really like being that close to the beach and the noise. If you have stayed at Casa Coco before you must not be too picky though, with no A/C, TV or much else. I would not stay at either.

Try www.bocachicabeach.net and go to the hotels area and the non-AI area within that and have a look.

I think Europa has a link or a web page and a little research will answer the rate questions.

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
#1. Costalunga
#2hotel Garrant
#3Hotel Zapata
All available thru Boca Chica web search.
All witha/c and cable and safes.
Go forth and multiply.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
With or Without Hookers?

Yakitori said:
Ricktoronto. What would you suggestions be for a place to stay??

If you inadvertently wind up with a strumpet for the night ( or every night) you'd want Costalunga, or El Candil first, then Garant only if you got one of the four A/C rooms (which cost more) , then others like Calypso, or Europa which is OK if they have the A/C rooms (and you don't want a pool) , avoid Hamilton, Madjera, Joker. Zapata is a bit pricey, has no pool, though it is on the beach, and they tolerate girl visitors with a eject or pay ($10 I think) in the early a.m. policy. Like 6-7 a.m.

I have heard it is no picninc ejecting a girl that early. I don't know but I bet it is the case.

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
I stand corrected. El Candil should be #2 now that they have new management. Always liked it but not the management. Nice breakfast nook/ place.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Not a Correction but a Clarification

duhtree said:
I stand corrected. El Candil should be #2 now that they have new management. Always liked it but not the management. Nice breakfast nook/ place.

I think Garant is a very nice operation and I have breakfast there all the time but the few rooms with A/C at a high price, make it non competitive (and they don't take credit cards) - for the same price as the aformentioned I'd rank it near the top.

And not that most hotels "encourage" companions, I think it is fair to say Zapata would rather not have all that as they try to focus on the family angle with their policy. And beachfront or not I think a pool makes it rank lower as they haven't one and the others except Europa all do - sometimes you want a private watering hole, not a shared beach.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i really like el candil #1, costalunga #2.

The owners (petteri & guiseppi) are great...and the front desk staff (maria & sandy) are very nice (maria is a bit a bit prudish....but she only works durring the day).

They DO allow guests...and have a policy (say if your guest leaves without you...they will call your room to make sure everything is cool). It is not on the beach...but i have always felt safe walking up the hill late at night (but you can always take a motoconcho). I prefer candil over costalunga mainly because i feel it is more secure. for instance...on my first visit in B.C. i befriended a sankie....and he would just walk right past the desk with no problem (which became annoying when i finaly figured out his game and no longer wanted his companionship). at el candil if someone wants to see you they have to go thru the front desk...who will call you to see if you want company.

Also..i like the fact that petteri (one of the owners) will pick you up at the airport in person (while other places send a taxi that you will have to pay for). Oh...and i have never had a problem with the A.C.

All this for only 40 bucks a night!

For resaurants....Fernandos (for good and cheap authenic dominican food), and Da Nancy for damn good italian (get the seafood and rice)....and Neptuno's if you want to splurge.

Yeah...there might be fancier places than B.C. (and i have travelled around the south part of the island a bit)....but i kinda like it. Some day (when i hit the lotto)...i would like to spend a couple of months...and start up on the north west boarder.....and travel the entire coast from one end to the other.

Yakitori

Jun 9, 2004
Can anyone give me a website link to Hotel Europa as I would like to see some pictures of the rooms, amenities etc. They are not listed on bocachicabeach.net.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Oddly enough they are........

Yakitori said:
Can anyone give me a website link to Hotel Europa as I would like to see some pictures of the rooms, amenities etc. They are not listed on bocachicabeach.net.

http://www.bocachicabeach.net/europa/index.html

The references to management are the couple that are on the lam right now allegedly swiping all and sundry not nailed down and trying to sell the furniture, TV's and A/C while away from the DR. Still the numbers should be accurate.

NB: They used to ask for a Western Union deposit up front and IMHO you'd be a total doofus to prepay 10 cents in Boca Chica and add to that the WU cost is as much as a night's stay. If they can't do credit card reservations, I say, skip them. Maybe the new owners ( actual ownders I think are running it now) are more sensible.

Yakitori

Jun 9, 2004
ricktoronto you are da man.

since you are giving me all this great info, let me ask you something else. Whenever i go to boca, i end up doing the drinking (usually at the boathouse), wenching thing and relax on the beach during the day, but i get bored and next time i would like to stay in boca but do some more interesting, fun stuff during the day. Any reccomendations/.

Yakitori

Jun 9, 2004
So I have it narrowed down to Zapata, Europa or El Candil for my trip to oca Chica. Could anyone give me some more info which would make my decision for me?

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Easy

Yakitori said:
So I have it narrowed down to Zapata, Europa or El Candil for my trip to oca Chica. Could anyone give me some more info which would make my decision for me?

Two are bad and one is good. Pick the one that is good. Hint: it has a pool and you were told it was good several times.

I have my own agenda in BC so what I do wouldn't be the greatest advice for visitors. Boathouse and a few other bars, like Playa Vista are good etc., I am sure you can find stuff to entertain you.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
WEll...i would strongly recommend el candil. I have met people who have stayed at europa....and it looks nice enough...it all depends what you want. Europa is right on the beach.....but it is also right on the main strip....so i would imagine your room would be kinda loud late at night. Candil is just a block up the hill (i have never had problem stumbling back at 2 or 3 am...and u can always grab a motoconcho for 10 or 20 pesos)..

I cant say anything about either europa or zapata, but i will SWEAR by the security at candil. Most of the rooms face the courtyard and pool....and the windows that face outward are very securely barred.

They are cool with you having "guests" over....but they will stop someone coming in if they feel they might cause a problem. I have a feeling this is more directed at the male sankies rather than the girls.

and another plus with candil is that the courtyard/pool area can be kinda social. While traveling solo i have met some really cool tourists to hang out and have dinner with or have a drink with. And there are pleanty of other chica chasers there for you to bond with (or if you rather your privacy no-one will really look at you like a freak).

so IMHO...i suggest candil!

I would like to hear any differing opinions.

jj