Laptop okay to bring?

Love2travel

Jun 14, 2004
We are going to DR on June 19th. I was told that it may be a problem bringing my laptop thru customs. We are coming from canada. My wife shoots 200 pics a day, and new cards would be too expensive. Is this a load of BS???
We took the laptop through Asia with now problems. I plan to put it in my suitcase.

Your experiences and advice appreciated.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Laptop

Love2travel said:
We are going to DR on June 19th. I was told that it may be a problem bringing my laptop thru customs. We are coming from canada. My wife shoots 200 pics a day, and new cards would be too expensive. Is this a load of BS???
We took the laptop through Asia with now problems. I plan to put it in my suitcase.

You should not have any difficulty bringing your laptop with you, but you may want to consider an alternative, like bringing the patchcord to hook up to ny public PC with a burner and just download them when your camera card is full and burning them onto a CD.
Marco.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
100% Ok

Love2travel said:

I take a laptop, digital camera, and Mini DV camera every trip and all the cables, chargers, tapes, memory cards,etc., carry-on only of course. You'd have no problems with customs even if they looked in your bags, and normally they don't even bother to do that. I haven't even stopped for customs in the last 11 trips.

Leaving is no different, the security guys ( BOTH sets of them now that AA has its own at-gate X-ray/metal detectors setup) don't seem to care: I've had nothing opened for examination upon departure either.