STI ro Sosua

pegtroll

Jun 17, 2004
I will be travelling to DR in August. Much cheaper to fly into Santiago. What transportation is available to Sosua. I will be travelling with my two teenagers,
Thanks

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
2 options

pegtroll said:
I will be travelling to DR in August. Much cheaper to fly into Santiago. What transportation is available to Sosua. I will be travelling with my two teenagers,
Thanks

If you speak decent enough Spanish, I don't but I know how to negotiate a bit, you can negotiate $25-40 USD with a cab out in front of the airport. I got one down to $25. It took a little less than 1.5 hours, and that was going through the hills. Pretty interesting roads.

Or, you can catch a cab to the Caribe Tours station, then catch a bus from Santiago to Sosua. Generally takes about 1.5 hours. It's a pretty comfortable ride, and you get the opportunity to meet some decent local people. Costs RD$70, approx. $1.50 USD each way. Buses run Santiago-Sosua on the 00:20 of each hour (i.e. 12:20, 1:20, 2:20). Last bus leaves Santiago at 20:20. I believe.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
toneloc24 said:
If you speak decent enough Spanish, I don't but I know how to negotiate a bit, you can negotiate $25-40 USD with a cab out in front of the airport. I got one down to $25. It took a little less than 1.5 hours, and that was going through the hills. Pretty interesting roads.

Yes this is the best way to go, taxi. I know a few that speak English.

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
STI Taxi Service

STI has a bunch of taxis in the outer part of customs wich have their fares.....

they went up a bit, but i`ll give you the exact amount of money u SHOULD pay for your way into Sosua from STI.....

Hope u have a great flight in August!!!!!!!!!!!!.....