Information

bwemily

Jun 17, 2004
1. Thank you for the information everyone has given me and all the great threads on the board. I think I have an idea of where we are going to stay and some day trips my husband and I will be making. THANK YOU!

2. While surfing the web I came across a nice site www.caribbeanadventure.com , looks nice, and they had a page for subscriptions, free. Thought I would share with you.

Again thank you and I am sure I will have more questions and I know I will get some good and in depth answers from this board.

bwemily

Jun 17, 2004
question/thoughts?

I did have a question though, and this might be some what of a debate, I read an article that was trying to decide if the reason for low cost of hotels/resorts in DR was the cheap labor that kept the population poor, or does the fact that the resort are low priced bring more tourist therefore actually simulate the economy and help increase the wage of locals and improve their quality of life. What are your thoughts or what have you seen?

I have seen in other countries I have visited several times over the years that local attitudes and expectations change as tourism builds and would like to know how it effects the local DR population and what changes have been seen by those who have been back many times over the years.

Again, Thank you, as I have gotten several emails and some great information from this board, as I come up with more questions or clarification of dates or if I find information I will share it as well. I do have fun writing trip reports (which can sometimes be lengthy), and I will make sure I repay this board with one upon my return (and I will try to keep it from being too long).

Keep the emails and post coming, I am enjoying them so much and learning so much also.