beware of breezes

Deonne21

May 30, 2004
First let me tell you that we LOVED Sosua and the DR we will go back and stay in some little place in Sosua But I thought you should have a recent review of Breezes Resort. My daughter and I returned after 8days and 7 nights at breezes. its maybe a 2 1/2 stars by american standards but being in a 3rd world country we expected that and were not suprised, The rooms were clean and cool beds typical of a hotel (bring your own pillow and you'll be fine) activities were fine. the shuttles to sosua where great and Big Blue great (scuba) the banana boat a rip off telling me no charge to ride in the boat and them charging me because " they didn't make any money that day" The pool was nice but it closed at 6 every day for the night and that killed our evening swims that I so enjoy on vacation, this was a big disappointment that I didn't see a reason for. No pool side service, I was told this was a perk of the hotel so I expected it. Now the worst part the food it was inedible. The grease used for the scrambled eggs in the morning was rancid the baked fish not used at lunch was then deep fried in rancid grease and served at night(or so it seemed by smell). The bread was stale at every meal. The burgers were burnt on the outside and raw on the inside as these were not very thick I am not sure how this was accomplished. Even the fruit tasted funky. Try Moira Mia in Sosua Excellent food!! My other major complant was being virtually attacked by VIP personel every time I walked by the lobby. They were worse than the sales people on the beach in Sosua. My advise would be bring snacks and wash cloths and floatys for the pool and don't pay alot its not worth it. Especially if you don't drink! Ok now for suggestions of what you must do when in Sosua and area. You must take the cable car up the mountain, You must dive with Big Blue (Hello all), Eat at Moira Mai (Hello Rafeal and Cassandra) , shopt the beach in Sosua. and ride the horses on the beach at Sea Horse ranch!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Well, I Have Always Said Don't use AI's

Reasons #942-950 for avoiding them.............

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Jane J. said:
I think you mean Mor?a Mai.

Well, Sosua offers a lot of good restaurants other than Morua Mai, both cheaper and maybe better. Try El Botin for Mexican, Il Mulino for Italian, Atlantic Blue for seafood, Dusseldorf for German, and ofcourse the best restaurant on the beach - The Scandinavian Bar.