Tejada wins Home Run Derby

Buddhadread

Jun 22, 2004
Great Show!

Quite a show from Houston tonight.[/QUOTE]

Yur d@@n skippy, Hllywud! :classic:
Where did you watch the game?
I wishing the whole time I could have watch from DR, with a Presidente in hand. But I had to settle for an MGD. What a night!!! :cool:

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I knew it!

Here we go...we're talking about TEJADA winning the HOME RUN DERBY...

But if you must know, they are prejudiced against anything NOT FROM TEXAS!!!

Stick to the subject at hand, please! :p

Buddhadread

Jun 22, 2004
I agree...

Stick to the subject at hand, please! :p[/QUOTE]

Let's not go there with the racial thing, man. It was a good night, with passionate athletes doing their best. I am happy because I thought if any Dominicans were watching they would feel proud, and have some hope. I don't know where in the DR Miguel comes from, but I hope all the kids keep their heads up, stay out of crime and just do the best they can, in all positive endeavours.

Viva La Republica Dominicana!!!

ESCRIPTOR

May 26, 2004
espanol.geocities.com
Not for the faint-hearted?

I see censure on this board. Deal with the issues, answer back intelligently, instead of erasing the comments you object to... I wrote the Tejada comment, saying that he was ignored by the crowd and the commentators, but didn't say the cause was "racism" -- it was read that way by others, including the board moderators who apparently wanted to protect people's delicate sensibilities.

?No les gust?? Pues c?manse un quipe. :confused:

thick_neck

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 6, 2004
I tried to stay away, but...

But the crowd at Minute Maid Park was mainly going for the hometown guy, switch-hitting Lance Berkman, whom had also attended Rice U. here in Houston. Had the HR Derby been held in Baltimore, the crowd at Jacob's Field would've gone for Tejada. This is normal. And it should be.

-Joseito
Go Reds!!!!!!!