It's GOOD To Be a General,and being a Colonel ain't bad either!!!!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have reported on my nextdoor neighbors "prosperity", during the "Hipolito" years.He was a Colonel at the beginning,but became a General of the "Policia National" last year.Starting with a new "Jepetta" during year one,to a second story on his house in year two,to a "PN" jepeta with driver in year three,to more renovations to the house this year,"Lunch" delivered everyday for the entire household,and a Grocery delivery on Saturdays! The "newest" "benefit" is really timely!Everyday at noon,his driver brings home 15 gallons of gas to fill his (the General's)wife's car,and his personal jepeta! There may be a shortage of "Combustible" in the streets,but it doesn't seem to bother the government!!!
And you ask why there is no hope for the DR!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

andy_089

Mar 23, 2003
there is some hope!

Read this:
Coroneles ser?n comandantes de departamentos Polic?a, Leonel har? masivo retiro de generales

Leonel Fern?ndez Presidente electo que asumir? la direcci?n del pa?s a partir del 16 de agosto pr?ximo utilizar? los coroneles como comandantes y producir? un masivo retiro de generales cuyo n?mero supera los 200.

Link

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Amazing!!!

Criss Colon said:
I have reported on my nextdoor neighbors "prosperity", during the "Hipolito" years.He was a Colonel at the beginning,but became a General of the "Policia National" last year.Starting with a new "Jepetta" during year one,to a second story on his house in year two,to a "PN" jepeta with driver in year three,to more renovations to the house this year,"Lunch" delivered everyday for the entire household,and a Grocery delivery on Saturdays! The "newest" "benefit" is really timely!Everyday at noon,his driver brings home 15 gallons of gas to fill his (the General's)wife's car,and his personal jepeta! There may be a shortage of "Combustible" in the streets,but it doesn't seem to bother the government!!!

QUOTE]So true!. I remember when I was a little boy, my father was a big shot in the Marina De Guerra and all his friends were bigger shots than him. There was NEVER a lack of electricity or water in the whole neighborhood, ever. I remember some of those "ladrones" spending and giving money away like there was no tomorrow. There was one in particular that he HAD to change his car EVERY YEAR and give the "old one" to a relative or friend.
Things have not changed since 1970 and it will never change!!.

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
and a military jevito with a machine gun hanging from his neck acting like colonels in front of attractive ladies aint bad either. :cool:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
police salary

from an article in today's HOY newspaper:

Los salarios brutos, seg?n los rangos, son los siguientes: mayor general RD$40,439; general de brigada RD$21,113; coronel RD$13,196; teniente coronel, RD$12,537; mayor RD$10,557; capit?n RD$9,238; primer teniente RD$7,257; segundo teniente RD$6,598; cadete RD$5,559; sargento mayor RD$5,338; sargento RD$4,169; cabo RD$3,914 y raso RD$3,558.

http://www.hoy.com.do/(cthkri55zxl5ay45oph1ai45)/app/article.aspx?id=3685

quejeyoke

Jun 20, 2004
ahaaa!!

That goes to prove beyond reasonable doubt, why we have so many friggin' generals in this little country.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
JDJones said:
Now I understand how they can afford to buy those new Jeepetas!

I have two close friends that are high ranking military officers. One has 6 (yes, 6) brand new jeepetas, one each of the major brands. The other has only 2 Lexus jeepetas, and just received(I won't insult all of you saying he bought one)a brand new Z71 GMC jeepeta.
I should have stayed in the military, sigh.......

I wonder how they make up the rest of the money???

RD$40,000 is just over US$1,000, that don't buy too many jeeps.

Kaizen68

Aug 25, 2004
nosy...!

Criss Colon said:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Boy...! oh boy...! you really are keeping up with the Joneses...? :p