Parisio Del Sol tight security

PrincessTT

Jun 7, 2004
My best friend and I returned to Cabarete in JUNE (for our 3rd trip) We stayed at Parisio Del Sol. This resort was beautiful. There are three pools, 3 pool bars and a swim up pool bar, one beach bar, food all day at different places. A formal buffet and a wear whatever you want buffet. The workers are very friendly. There were a few things that didn't go just right. We didn't have a fridge (that we paid for) and our phone didn't work properlly, we called and called and finally went to reception and got one. When you get a fridge you get nothing in it, its there for you to fill. And the security is very tight, which is a good thing, but not when you are paying to stay there and you get harrassed. One of our friends got arrested and they chased me with a shot gun. DO NOT TAKE OFF YOUR BRACELET EVEN IF IT IS IN YOUR PURSE! All in all it wouldn't have been a vacation for me and my girl if all this excitment wouldn't have happen. The rooms are nice, there is lots of great food, lots of choices to swim, but no disco during the week just fri and sat, and I heard it sucks. Its about a 5min moto to Cabarete and about 20 min drive to Sosua.

LadyGx

May 7, 2005
Could you give me info?

Hi, I've just read that you went to Paraisol del Sol, I'm actually in a relationship with one of the animation guys, I'm taking it really serious but i hear so many stories (bad ones) on this web site of animation) so please could you without me giving his name give me as much info as you know about the animation team it would really help thanks
LadyGx

May 12, 2005
LadyGx said:
Hi, I've just read that you went to Paraisol del Sol, I'm actually in a relationship with one of the animation guys, I'm taking it really serious but i hear so many stories (bad ones) on this web site of animation) so please could you without me giving his name give me as much info as you know about the animation team it would really help thanks
LadyGx

Sankie Alert!! Sankie Alert!! Sankie Alert!!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dragonfly32837 said:
It's like magic. As soon as Miguel comes back from vacation we get another sankie story.
Dragonie, you are too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Btw, poster from almost a year ago and poster from today, the name of the resort is Paraiso Del Sol!. At the least get the name where your sank, er, boyfriend works right.

Gotta go get the soda off my desk!. Funny shi*!!.

Dwight

Oct 2, 2004
I stayed at Paraiso del Sol for two weeks in November. I didn't meet any of the animation team members....hardly even saw them as I was usually away from the hotel in the evenings as well as exploring the countryside during the day...so, I can't help with your request for information. I had my own unique problems to deal with when I went "exploring" off-site on my own. Some funny experiences and some not so funny.haha!

I can however attest to the "voracity" of the security personnel. A young black couple I befriended during my second week at the hotel had a very big scare from security. We were at the main bar very late one night with a few other people we had gotten to know. Her boyfriend left and went back to their room....she stayed for awhile longer. She left on her own a bit later and followed one of the dimly lighted pathways through the complex to her hotel block. A few seconds later we all heard blood curdling screams coming from the path she had just taken. When we rushed over there we found two security guards holding her on the ground.Each of them was holding one of her arms...and each of them had a gun pointed at her face and they were yelling at her in Spanish....which she didn't understand.

The guards pointed at her wrists...and then at the other guests wrists and kept yelling. She wasn't wearing her hotel "bracelet". They let her up and she produced the I.D. bracelet which she had taken off and had put in her purse.

There's a public road running through the middle of the resort and the guards thought she was a local hooker illegally on the property when they couldn't see a yellow I.D. band on her wrist. She was scared ****less!!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Common sense!!

Dwight said:
I can however attest to the "voracity" of the security personnel. A young black couple I befriended during my second week at the hotel had a very big scare from security. We were at the main bar very late one night with a few other people we had gotten to know. Her boyfriend left and went back to their room....she stayed for awhile longer. She left on her own a bit later and followed one of the dimly lighted pathways through the complex to her hotel block. A few seconds later we all heard blood curdling screams coming from the path she had just taken. When we rushed over there we found two security guards holding her on the ground.Each of them was holding one of her arms...and each of them had a gun pointed at her face and they were yelling at her in Spanish....which she didn't understand.

The guards pointed at her wrists...and then at the other guests wrists and kept yelling. She wasn't wearing her hotel "bracelet". They let her up and she produced the I.D. bracelet which she had taken off and had put in her purse.

There's a public road running through the middle of the resort and the guards thought she was a local hooker illegally on the property when they couldn't see a yellow I.D. band on her wrist. She was scared ****less!!
Common sense tells you that you are NOT supposed to remove your wrist tag EVER, while staying at a resort, any resort!!. There's a reason why they put it on.

Please, do not blame the resort security. They did their job. She was to blame. Plain and simple!!!!!.

May 31, 2005
miguel said:
Dragonie, you are too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Btw, poster from almost a year ago and poster from today, the name of the resort is Paraiso Del Sol!. At the least get the name where your sank, er, boyfriend works right.

Gotta go get the soda off my desk!. Funny shi*!!.
If I remember correct, you are the sankie expert. LOL

Dwight

Oct 2, 2004
Lighten up!

Who said ANYTHING about blaming hotel security? I simply stated that they were quite zealous and enthusiastic in the performance of their duties!lol

Probably because the girl looked like a Dominicana. They realized their mistake when she spoke English. I can't imagine security pulling guns on "average looking tourists".....wrist band or not. It isn't good for business.

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
No it's not good for business and as someone who travels alone there frequently and CANNOT stand to be holed up in the AI all day (even tho I use a timeshare room).

I purposely remove my bracelet because I am constantly harassed because of it. I have had some smooth operators try and tell me they are "security" from the hotel (cuz they can tell which one the bracelet's from) and his mother needs an operation balh blah, to being followed to see where I AM staying, to having some loser 'guard' knocking on my door asking if I 'need anything". Well, you tell me where the security is when sometimes it's the security people themselves hounding me.

I have never had issues with re-entering - I simply use a saftey-pin to put it back on b4hand, and God help the person that gives me a hard time about it.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
LadyGx said:
LadyGx

Animation Teams: (Noun) Men who have sex with you for money (and with your husband too if he swings that way), and thus have earned the "sankie" designation like all the other animation guys. When you are away they have sex with other women (or men) and you thus are also being duped by your man despite a relationship. Apparently the 9 million posts here about the risk of sankification go in some ears and out the other.

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
miguel said:
Common sense tells you that you are NOT supposed to remove your wrist tag EVER, while staying at a resort, any resort!!. There's a reason why they put it on.

Please, do not blame the resort security. They did their job. She was to blame. Plain and simple!!!!!.

Holding down a woman (a man even) onb the ground at gunpoint doesn't strike you as tad excessive for hotel security. Even if she was a local hooker, I seriously she pose enough of a physical threat to warrant that kind of treatment.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Si!

xamaicano said:
Holding down a woman (a man even) onb the ground at gunpoint doesn't strike you as tad excessive for hotel security. Even if she was a local hooker, I seriously she pose enough of a physical threat to warrant that kind of treatment.
Absolutely. 1,00%. But it could have been avoided!.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
miguel said:
Absolutely. 1,00%. But it could have been avoided!.

Agreed and maybe even 2 or 3% The opportunity to point a gun at any human is a big swinging dick move for these half-wit security guards.

esmebabe

Aug 11, 2005
LadyGx said:
LadyGx
well i hope you have recovered by now,as i was there 3 weeks ago and they are all acting like dogs on heat ,i hardly spent any time at the hotel as im ai phobic and when i was there i was always with my two daughters ,despite this i was inandated with a quite bewildering arrayof offers.please spare yourself the heart ache,wipe your mouth and move on.they are ALL men hos there ,especially as it is one of the cheaper hotels ,they have even less class

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Dwight said:
Who said ANYTHING about blaming hotel security? I simply stated that they were quite zealous and enthusiastic in the performance of their duties!lol

Probably because the girl looked like a Dominicana. They realized their mistake when she spoke English. I can't imagine security pulling guns on "average looking tourists".....wrist band or not. It isn't good for business.
It wasn't because she was Dominican, it was an undertrained security guard doing what he thought was expected of him. As a gringo, living in the DR, I have the occasion to go to the hotels on business. I am usually dressed as a tourist. shorts and t-shirt. I am always prepared to be confronted by security upon entering any resort without a bracelet. I simply have them accompany me to the front desk. I also find that tourists. Americans in particular, are very itimidated by watcman armed with shotguns. They don't realize how ubiquitous they are. I guess the rational is that one watchman can take down more badguys with a shotgun than a pistol.