The Dream is over

neilc

Aug 31, 2004
Looking at the boards there is a lot of invaluable information on what to do if you are thinking of moving to the DR by many people who have made that journey to their dream come true.But what about the many who don?t make it.

Is there anyone out there who once lived in the DR as an ex pat and for one reason or another had their dreams of living there shattered and had to leave and move back home or elsewhere.

Can you share your experiences and pitfalls with the many hopefuls wishing to move over so as to give a first hand account of what they are letting themselves in for.

What were the main problems you faced that in the end made up your mind to leave the DR.

Neilc

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
If I recall correctly,

Mainer's problems were quite specific about health coverage for one of her children and also I believe she is in Kentucky.

Gregg

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
There were other threads as well. I remember on guy talking about guns going off in Sosua all night etc. etc. and I was there at the same time and heard NOTHING.

There have been plenty of disgruntled stories here. This country is NOT for the faint of heart for sure. It is difficult if you have to make a living and have to adjust to 1-200 bux US a month in income. There are a lot of people that are walking victims. I know one woman that moved back to England at least partly because she lost a lot of money to sankie/motoconcho driver. Women make bad mistakes over love or what they think they had in love. Men make mistakes also but not as often as I have seen the women.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Escott said:
There were other threads as well. I remember on guy talking about guns going off in Sosua all night etc. etc. and I was there at the same time and heard NOTHING.

There have been plenty of disgruntled stories here. This country is NOT for the faint of heart for sure. It is difficult if you have to make a living and have to adjust to 1-200 bux US a month in income. There are a lot of people that are walking victims. I know one woman that moved back to England at least partly because she lost a lot of money to sankie/motoconcho driver. Women make bad mistakes over love or what they think they had in love. Men make mistakes also but not as often as I have seen the women.

Scott,

I heard guns going off in Sosua too............. every Saturday night around 11:00 pm.