Technical question for Robert

D.D.

Apr 27, 2002
I just read a post in the "when those girls get older" thread. It was written as a response to Chuckuindy and posted by D.D. - I am D.D. and I didn't post that message!

For a moment or two, I was standing beside myself dazed in disbelieve and wondering if I was suffering from some sort of amnesia. It's like if you were standing infront of a mirror and looking at someone else's image instead of your own. Then I noticed that the person who posted the message had signed as K. Pheeew! what a relieve

My question to you is, How is that possible? Did your machine screw up big time or what?

I was in Europe on vacation for almost a month and When that message was posted I was in flight over the Atlantic coming back to the DR. Both my computers at home and at work were turned off while I was gone and no one had access to them. The last time I logged on DR1 to read the news and to catch up with the gossips was about twelve hours earlier at the Sheraton Hotel Business Center in Amsterdam where I overnight before my trip back and I did make sure that I had logged out.

Soooooooooooooo, what is the deal huh?

D.D.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I see it's exactly the same name but signed

regards K

The last time I logged on DR1 to read the news and to catch up with the gossips was about twelve hours earlier at the Sheraton Hotel Business Center in Amsterdam where I overnight before my trip back and I did make sure that I had logged out.

This might explain it. Even if you sign out the cookies are still there. But I can't see why anyone would bother if they didn't know what DR1 was.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Anna Coniglio said:

regards K

This might explain it. Even if you sign out the cookies are still there. But I can't see why anyone would bother if they didn't know what DR1 was.
Was Escott there with you in Amsterdam???

D.D.

Apr 27, 2002
Rocky said:
Was Escott there with you in Amsterdam???

Hmmmm. Interesting Rocky, you may have unraveled the mystery buddy. Come to think of it, I think I overherad someone at the bar saying that they spotted a suspicious looking dude from New York by the Red Light District in Dam.

Hey Scooter, where were you yesterday?

D.D.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
D.D. said:
Hmmmm. Interesting Rocky, you may have unraveled the mystery buddy. Come to think of it, I think I overherad someone at the bar saying that they spotted a suspicious looking dude from New York by the Red Light District in Dam.

D.D.
Did he have a hairy back and flip flops?

D.D.

Apr 27, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:

regards K

Forget it Anna! I had eaten all my cookies for breakfast before I left. Try again. hehehehe

D.D.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
D.D. said:
I just read a post in the "when those girls get older" thread. It was written as a response to Chuckuindy and posted by D.D. - I am D.D. and I didn't post that message!

For a moment or two, I was standing beside myself dazed in disbelieve and wondering if I was suffering from some sort of amnesia. It's like if you were standing infront of a mirror and looking at someone else's image instead of your own. Then I noticed that the person who posted the message had signed as K. Pheeew! what a relieve

My question to you is, How is that possible? Did your machine screw up big time or what?

I was in Europe on vacation for almost a month and When that message was posted I was in flight over the Atlantic coming back to the DR. Both my computers at home and at work were turned off while I was gone and no one had access to them. The last time I logged on DR1 to read the news and to catch up with the gossips was about twelve hours earlier at the Sheraton Hotel Business Center in Amsterdam where I overnight before my trip back and I did make sure that I had logged out.

Soooooooooooooo, what is the deal huh?

D.D.

Hi,

The IP for that particular post resolves to 62.199.232.253.

IP ownership info below
-----------------------

inetnum: 62.199.232.0 - 62.199.233.255
netname: KAERGAARD-INDUSTRI-AUTOMATIK
descr: Kjaergaard - El og Industri Automatik A/S
admin-c: MADM3-RIPE
tech-c: MA1435-RIPE
remarks: Managed by Mobilix A/S
notify: ripe-nfy@mobilix.dk
mnt-by: MOBI-TECH
changed: Henrik.Aarfeldt@mobilix.dk 20020129
source: RIPE

role: MOBILIX ADM
address: Prags Boulevard 80
address: 2300 Copenhagen
e-mail: ripe-nfy@mobilix.dk
trouble: For name server(s) operation issues contact JN588-RIPE
admin-c: BI92-RIPE
tech-c: MA1435-RIPE
nic-hdl: MADM3-RIPE
remarks: admin-c for all Mobilix's objects
remarks: for network operation issues see MA1435-RIPE role object
remarks: for DNS issues see MDNS1-RIPE role object
notify: ripe-nfy@mobilix.dk
mnt-by: MOBI-TECH
changed: Ilia.Varlachkine@mobilix.dk 20001017
changed: Henrik.Aarfeldt@orange.dk 20020909
source: RIPE

-----------------------

Looks like someone in Denmark had access to your username and password.
Maybe you left it on a machine?

I must admit, I smiled when I read that post as it seemed a little out of character, but then again, you just don't know some people :)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
D.D. said:

D.D.
Hahaha, I would never ever do a thing like that. Robert wouldnt have it and you know how I always try to stay on the good side of Robert!:)

I will be back in October from NY. Can we all get together before my Thanksgiving party? Would love to see you and the family!

I checked out the Red Light District and only went into a place for a massage that advertised NO SEX. When I came in they said NO SEX and then when I got in the room they offered SEX. I can't understand it.

Love ya,
Escott

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I also thought it was totally out of character. But then I thought that maybe he was cleaning his fridge of all those kosher beers. And then I remembered that he was in Europe. And I figured maybe D.D. was getting senile. :)

For the record, neither I nor Bok are in Denmark right now. Thankyouverymuch.

D.D.

Apr 27, 2002
Robert said:
Looks like someone in Denmark had access to your username and password.
Maybe you left it on a machine?

I must admit, I smiled when I read that post as it seemed a little out of character, but then again, you just don't know some people :)

Thank You, Robert. Yes, I was in Denmark for a couple of days attending a birthday party and borrowed a friend's computer to check things on DR1 as I have done every day while I was gone. Another friend of mine, who happens to be an occational poster on DR1 and lives in the DR six months a year, was also present at the party. He is the one who did it! As he never signed K in his previous posts, I never suspected that it was him.

Scott, you are off the hook. Give me a call when you get back. We would love to hook up with you for a Presidente or two.

Pib, it was T.M. who did it. Wait till I get my hands on that miserable little sock puppet!

D.D.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Once in Cabarete

I signed in and posted, and forgot to sign out.

Then I got a message from myself, telling me to make sure I sign off DR1, next time.

Never found out who did it, but they could have ruined my perfect reputation.

:nervous:

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
DD, this isn't quite the same, but I know that feeling of dazed disbelief.

A dear friend in Italy once forgot to sign off a hotel computer while in another city for work, although I didn't know it at the time.

I had sent an email and was absolutely stunned to receive his reply: "Don't ever write or call me again".

Naturally, my email was full of 'possible' misunderstandings. I had written some tough love words (his bad relationship) I figured he didn't want to hear. For 3 days I sent him a 'please reconsider' letter. Nada. Couldn't reach him on his cell. I was heartbroken.

Then I got a call and found out he'd been pulling crazy hours on a news story, had his cell turned off the entire time, and had no idea about the crazy message someone sent for the helluvit.

But that scare made such an impact, I much prefer the phone now for personal interaction. Still have moments when my heart's in my mouth thinking I'll be misunderstood.

As oft happens, ahem, in many internet environments. heehee.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
D.D. said:
Pib, it was T.M. who did it. Wait till I get my hands on that miserable little sock puppet!
I swear I thought it was him (judging from the knowledge), but K. is his nephew... and he could have been in DK too, but what does the kid know about old hookers? ... which made it even more confusing. Oh well. Say hello. :nervous:

Cleef said:
I signed in and posted, and forgot to sign out.

Then I got a message from myself, telling me to make sure I sign off DR1, next time.

Never found out who did it, but they could have ruined my perfect reputation.
That was me you silly you! ;) Hotel Caoba, Cabarete.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Pib said:
That was me you silly you! ;) Hotel Caoba, Cabarete.

Right on Pib, I figured it couldn't have been AZB, that bastard would have creamed me. Robert too!

You the Pib!!!

Cabarete makes me stupid.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If you can remember one little thing. When signing in there is a little box below that is already checked. If you uncheck it before hitting the enter button it won't save in cookies. I do that all the time when posting from my children's house. It does work because I always have to sign in if I want to post.

They don't know exactly what I do here ;)

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
If you can remember one little thing. When signing in there is a little box below that is already checked. If you uncheck it before hitting the enter button it won't save in cookies. I do that all the time when posting from my children's house. It does work because I always have to sign in if I want to post.

They don't know exactly what I do here ;)

Oh please, like I remember that stuff with bikini clad women and cuba libre's stacked up on my mouse pad -----in Caberete.

Joven, dame otra por favor. .... que culito..

Onaside, I did my taxes on April 14th in Cabarete at hotel Caoba, and wouldn't you know it, I got a nice letter from the IRS recently saying, ....."what's up, where's your return from '02."

......ooops. ,,,, must have forgot to hit send.

Can I write off the depreciation of pesos?