Moving To The DR

Pizzati

Sep 17, 2004
Hello!

I am from Canada.

I am a chef and my wife is a teacher.

We are considering a move to the DR.

But having a difficult time getting information regarding employment, housing, properties.

Is there an employment centre in the DR?

Addresses, contacts, etc...?

Have vacationed in La Romana twice and liked it very much.

How should we proceed?

Awaiting some response.

Thank you!

Brendon

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
To the OP, I suggest searching on some of the questions since this comes up repeatedly, both on jobs ( not much or any money to be made) and living costs. There are live posts now for example.

I would say unless you are pretty well heeled to stave off poverty, you need to investigate more than after two, no doubt All Inclusive resort type trips to the DR.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think I would shop

my credentials around to the major hotel chains that operate here.

Your wife should attend job seminars for teachers.

Whoever gets a job first takes the other along and they fend for themselves in wherever locale they end up.

This is not impossible but you do need to get a lot of ducks in line or you will getter really screwed up. Go slow and be careful.

Shop around, since talented chefs are not that easy to come by. However, we are not savages and there are a lot of people that are in that field and more are entering it every day. We have at least two hotel and restaurant schools pumping kids into that field.

Good luck, but be wise.

Two vacations does not a life make.

HB :D:D

Pizzati

Sep 17, 2004
Thank you!

Hillbilly said:
my credentials around to the major hotel chains that operate here.

Your wife should attend job seminars for teachers.

Whoever gets a job first takes the other along and they fend for themselves in wherever locale they end up.

This is not impossible but you do need to get a lot of ducks in line or you will getter really screwed up. Go slow and be careful.

Shop around, since talented chefs are not that easy to come by. However, we are not savages and there are a lot of people that are in that field and more are entering it every day. We have at least two hotel and restaurant schools pumping kids into that field.

Good luck, but be wise.

Two vacations does not a life make.

HB :D:D

Thank you!

Appreciate your insight!

Do you have any contacts? Names, numbers?

I am having a very difficult time making contact with any employment resource like departments.

Please advise.