This week on DR1, 8 years ago!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Man...it shows how long I've been lurking around here. Those "Letters to London" articles were great. I used to read all of them as they came out. This is a very good idea...you should post one of these every week. A quick trip down memory lane...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I direct anyone who wants to be made aware of "Peregrines',"Agenda,

to read his Nov.8th to 14th.,"Letter"!
All he ever wanted to to was criticise "Americans",their Country,lifestyle,and most of all Government!
"Cheap Shots" do not make anyone a "Pundit",or a humorist!
Since very little of these "so-called" letters have anything to do with the DR,and everything to do with this "American Wanna Be"and his constant complaining,I hope you will place any further of his "Drivel" in the "Clown Bin" where it will be more at home!

PS,that story about using the 22 bullet for a fuse,is not only "old",but un true!I guess you should call it an "Sub-URBAN LEGEND"!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Why do the words "Pompous A$$" go through my mind whenever I am reading one of the "Falcon's" self-serving diatribes?"

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Anthony where

Robert said:
Not much has changed, even had hurricanes back then :)

1996 Archive

Airfares haven't changed much since 1995 :)

1995 Travel News (Has it been that long?)

For a good laugh, read some of these.
(Not all are archived)

Letter to London

What happened to Anthony? I know his wife had lots of problems and went back to the UK in about 97-98, but he was stil around once in a while for years after that, has any one heard anything about him? used to get a real laugh from the letters to aunt flora

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
bienamor said:
What happened to Anthony? I know his wife had lots of problems and went back to the UK in about 97-98, but he was stil around once in a while for years after that, has any one heard anything about him? used to get a real laugh from the letters to aunt flora

I believe Anthony also went back to the UK. We have heard from him a couple of times (once from Santo Domingo sometime before he left & once from England) & understood that he is doing 'OK'! Certainly hope so because despite his being disliked by many, there were multitudes that welcomed his humour.

And that is ALL it was - Humour. Those that had a problem with Peregrine winding them up, were victims to his wicked sense of humour. THAT is what he was trying to do - wind them up. We Brits (possibly because of our very checkered & LONG history) have got used to laughing at ourselves & the jokes people lay at the British doorstep. MOST North Americans have matured & become self assured suficiently to laugh at themselves too, but there are a few who can not see a joke even when it bites them in the A** & so get uptight about the things we say in jest. Pity, as normally they can be such nice guys!! ~ Grahame. The Pompous Brit with no hair!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I agree Mister Bush,when the "HUMOR" has a basis in a national characteristic!

Such as,If I say that most Englishmen are "Gay",or "POKE" fun at them for being so,that is NOT funny! Most Englishmen are NOT gay! Many Americans think that ALL Englismen are gay,just because Englishmen like to "cross dress" in womens underware,and spank each other!The two behaviors have nothing incommon! ;) CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
AW chris

Criss Colon said:
Such as,If I say that most Englishmen are "Gay",or "POKE" fun at them for being so,that is NOT funny! Most Englishmen are NOT gay! Many Americans think that ALL Englismen are gay,just because Englishmen like to "cross dress" in womens underware,and spank each other!The two behaviors have nothing incommon! ;) CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Hell chris, anthony was funny, used to sit and talk with him alot at the library, and at drakes. I'm also from the US and most of the time he would also make fun of the Brits but in a different way. Lighten up he was good at keeping us on out toes!

gay for the brits is being happy if I remember right, kind of like drawing pins vs push pins. We just use it different.

I kind of miss the guy. :tired:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Criss Colon said:

I would be intrigued to know who Criss Colon's English male friends are. They might be persuaded to lend their underwear to a certain female board member who was looking for same a while back, I seem to recall! And Criss, does your obviously intimate knowledge of English men, have anything to do with your intimate knowledge of getting laid on the cheap, as I believe you put it, in another thread? ;)

Peregrine's stuff was one class act. It was stylish, hilarious to those of us who share the same sense of humour, always grammatically correct & beneath the obvious was a subtlety that some could appreciate at least. A very hard act to follow.........and I don't think anyone has.....yet. Is anyone up to the challenge? It doesn't have to be a Brit........bochinche, you have talent in this direction, how about it?

I will forever be grateful to Anthony for imparting journalistic wisdom when I first wrote for him. A hard task master, but impeccable in his quest to get things right. We exchanged emails earlier this year.