UPS or FEDEX which is more reliable for Sosua area delivery?

bugaloo

Mar 19, 2004
Greetings,

I need to receive a letter package from the U.S., which carrier is more reliable to receive packages UPS or FEDEX?

thanks for your help,

Fernando.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
How about sending a parcel from UK to Puerto Plata - does anyone know which courier service is best and how long it takes?

Thanks

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
bugaloo said:
Greetings,

I need to receive a letter package from the U.S., which carrier is more reliable to receive packages UPS or FEDEX?

thanks for your help,

Fernando.

I have sent documents 3 or 4 times from NY to Sosua and they have arrived the next day - quicker than I was told they would. - D

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
Fed Ex

Fairly recently Fed Ex put a mini hub in San Juan for the Caribbean and it's made a real difference in ship times. The Turks & Caicos likewise are getting next day service out of the US.

bugaloo

Mar 19, 2004
As usual, top info from the top site here in DR.

thanks for your response,

Fernando.

I will post again once the package is received.

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
Fedex is the way to go.....however.....

Just keep inn mind that receiving anything in the DR through Fedex which requires the ricipient to pay duties and taxes is a hassel(sp). Otherwise, everything I have sent to the DR usually takes only 1 or 2 days to get there from the US. The easiest way to get around the delivery issue when duties and taxes are due is to bill to a fedex account number. Otherwise be prepared to wait.

mharshman

Sep 23, 2003
account #

Billed and shipped ,from NY to DR using my Fedex account number Sept2, Arrived out of Customs and delivered Sept. 29th.