Punta Cana

Tiburon

Oct 1, 2004
I wounder if in october the hotels will be open in Punta Cana to go for a vacation? Are hotels open ?Thank you for ansering.

Lejean

Sep 19, 2004
from the occidental grand flamenco

Hi there

put your mind at ease .... everything looks fine , we ve been here for a week now and all the damage is repaired.

ciao

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I don't know about the bridges but my husband confirmed that trucks are getting through by Samana. That means it takes about 8 hours to get there but at least supplies are starting to arrive...

alison h

Sep 30, 2004
I'm glad to hear things are okay. I still can't get a response about the conditions at the Melia Caribe. My agent spoke with someone at the resort that said everything was fine, but the Tropical side was closed as well as about 5-6 of the restaurants.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
alison h said:
I'm glad to hear things are okay. I still can't get a response about the conditions at the Melia Caribe. My agent spoke with someone at the resort that said everything was fine, but the Tropical side was closed as well as about 5-6 of the restaurants.

It is possible the Tropical side is closed given that it is low season and because of the hurricane it is even a slower season than usual. They probably have grouped all their guests in the Caribe side. Remember this is a very big hotel complex.

Reports that we have had is that this hotel suffered very little damages and thus never closed and took in guests from damaged hotels in the area.

For the most part, the hurricane is past us now and things are quickly returning to full normalcy in the area.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Actually, it is difficult to tell which side is which from the outside. This is a lovely hotel that is very widespread. The Caribe side is the newer of the two.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
caribbean_bride said:
Ok. Thanks.

Do you happen to have a recommendation on restaurant?

Nope. While I have visited this hotel, I have not stayed there so I am not familiar with the restaurants.

alison h

Sep 30, 2004
We were there on the Caribe side this summer. I would not recommend the Japanese restaurant. However, the French and Italian restaurants were awesome...terrific food and service!!!!!!!

I also recommend the spa!! ....very reasonable in price and very relaxing!!! We are going down this Sat (Oct 9). I spoke with the Dir. of Guest Services yesterday afternoon. She said several of the ala carte restaurants are not open. However, you could get whatever food you wanted in any of the restaurants you wanted...just have to ask.