A few questions, can DR1 members help

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Hello, Everybody I have a few questions

1. Which are the best residential areas in Santiago? I'm thinking about investing.
2. Can a Dominican-foreigner join a sports club or country club? Any Difficulties?
3. Which are the best sports club/ country clubs in SDQ? Includes Tennis, Pools, Basketball,etc.
4. How is the Guacara Taina Discotheque? What's the type of Crowd?
5. Any new can't miss event in SDQ?

PS I have all ready search forums to find my answers but I feel some are outdated. I have a few more questions but i'll ask them when I come back from SDQ.

Peace,
Capo :rambo:

Guatiao

Mar 27, 2004
Can't Anybody Help?

If anybody can answer at least one of these questions, I would appreciate the help. If you dont want to post it just PM me.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
capodominicano said:
Hello, Everybody I have a few questions

1. Which are the best residential areas in Santiago? I'm thinking about investing.
2. Can a Dominican-foreigner join a sports club or country club? Any Difficulties?
3. Which are the best sports club/ country clubs in SDQ? Includes Tennis, Pools, Basketball,etc.
4. How is the Guacara Taina Discotheque? What's the type of Crowd?
5. Any new can't miss event in SDQ?

PS I have all ready search forums to find my answers but I feel some are outdated. I have a few more questions but i'll ask them when I come back from SDQ.

Peace,
Capo :rambo:

Try PM some of the Old Vets of the forum, they'll help you

Last edited:

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Santo Domingo has many atheletic clubs and Country Clubs.
The best Country Club, by far, is the Country Club of Santo Domingo. It takes $$$ and connections to get a membership there. Most of the other more famous CC were established by people who couldn't get into "el Country".
Naco and Country Club de Arroyo hondo are good for tennis. Naco is good for Baseketball.
And yes they take foreigners. I think I heard that NACO isn't taking new members though.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Tony C said:
Santo Domingo has many atheletic clubs and Country Clubs.
The best Country Club, by far, is the Country Club of Santo Domingo. It takes $$$ and connections to get a membership there. Most of the other more famous CC were established by people who couldn't get into "el Country".
Naco and Country Club de Arroyo hondo are good for tennis. Naco is good for Baseketball.
And yes they take foreigners. I think I heard that NACO isn't taking new members though.
Naco is a nice area

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I'm confused

You ask about the better areas of Santiago and whether you can be a member of the clubs.

In Santiago the nicest areas are the Cerros de Gurabo, La Trinitaria, Villa Dorada, La Esmeralda, Villa Olga and the place next to it. Maybe Los Jardines, but it is going commercial but some of the residents have been there for nearly 40 years, like La Trinitaria and La Esmeralda and the oldest part of Los Cerros.

There are some newer areas that are quite nice. Tell me where you are thinking of investing and I will get you a professional opinion.

As far as clubs are concerned, the Centro Espa?ol is the largest and costliest, but they offer excellent value for the price.. There is the Gurabito Country Club that finally got out of the city and is enjoying a sort of rebirth.

The Santiago Golf Club is also a good value for your investment, but they lack any significant social activities. Both the Centro and the Gurabito have active social calendars.

Does this help?

HB

SugarBear

Oct 4, 2004
Guacara Taina

Well,
From a tourist point of view,Guacara Taina was good,but from a dancing,and women gathering-it was sort of weak.I was there on March 26,2004.Not too many chicks wanted to dance,just whinning for free drinks from the "Moreno Americano".Lots of,"Do you think you can Sponsor me to New York" type of questions. For good dancing, and friendly AVAILABLE college-educated chicks roll'(go) over to "FUSION ROSE" at the end of EL CONDE in the Zona Colonial region of Santo Domingo.they play rock,Rap/Hip Hop and R&B depending on whether you go on Wednesday,Thursday, or Friday.Saturday is sort of a potpourri and I heard Saturday is sort of weak.

Guatiao

Mar 27, 2004
Thanks for the replies. I'ma try the Fusion Rose, seems like a good Environment from the response. I was wondering if anybody has gone to the Jet Set NightClub on La Independencia Ave near El Metaldom, how is the environment?
I'm asking alot of questions because Ive heard some of the nightclubs don't have the best environment and shotouts are frequent.

Last edited: