Condos Dominicano, Sosua part #1

NubeLuz

Jul 23, 2004
I was in Condos Dominicano on september 25 2004 for 1 week with 4 of my friends. I have met the most wonderful people there.
The first night we got there, we got welcomed by Eddy and the new administrators who wad taken over the administration of the condos that same day, Jean and Colette. Me and Eddy had been e-mailing in english the whole time only to find out once at the hotel that he is from the town next to mine in Quebec, the new administrators are Quebecers too. That was a good surprise.
We needed to change money and it was already 8pm. Eddy was kind enough to drive us to where we could change money at that time of the night. Then we shared a nice dinner with him at La Roca. Back at the hotel, we headed to D'Clasico, that honestly was the most boaring disco we went to on our trip. We had been there on previous trips and we had seen better. So we went back to our hotel.
By the way, here's a fact that some people might find interesting, the one thing I liked about the condos, you don't get bothered by annoying sankie pankies and there is no prostitution because it's just not tolerated.

The condo was really nice and well equipped. We had a 2 bedroom appartment and our friends had a studio. It was a 2 floor appartment. On the first floor, there was a living room with tv cable, a dining area and a fully equipped kitchen (I think it was better equipped than my own kitchen), with a huge ceiling fan and there was a small bathroom. On the second floor, there was 2 bedrooms, one with a double bed and one with a king bed. Both rooms were equipped with big ceiling fans and a smaller fan. The bigger room was also equipped with safety deposit box at no charge. There was also a full bathroom on the second floor.
Now Bambina is the maid at the hotel and she is a sweet heart. She came in everyday and we never had to ask for anything. She always changed the towells, everything was spic and span, she even would clean the dishes, no kidding, I've never seen good service like that before.
They have a little patio/terrace area by the pool where we could hang out and have our meals, it has a little palm leaves roof and it has 2 fans under it so you always have a nice breeze under the shade. We always had dinner there as well as other people staying there and Eddy, Jean and Colette. Everyone would talk together and we had some nice discussions, it felt like we were all a big family.
To be continued ...

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
Patiently waiting.. :)

Heya NubeLuz,

Great start to you're review.. patiently waiting to read the rest of it! Also was wondering if you have any online pics of the condos? We're going to be staying in Sosua for a month next summer and would like to check them out. Unfortunately their site isn't up yet.. Also, how much was it for the 2 bedroom?

Thanks,

Dawn

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
NubeLuz said:
I was in Condos Dominicano on september 25 2004 for 1 week with 4 of my friends. I have met the most wonderful people there.
The first night we got there, we got welcomed by Eddy and the new administrators who wad taken over the administration of the condos that same day, Jean and Colette. Me and Eddy had been e-mailing in english the whole time only to find out once at the hotel that he is from the town next to mine in Quebec, the new administrators are Quebecers too. That was a good surprise.
We needed to change money and it was already 8pm. Eddy was kind enough to drive us to where we could change money at that time of the night. Then we shared a nice dinner with him at La Roca. Back at the hotel, we headed to D'Clasico, that honestly was the most boaring disco we went to on our trip. We had been there on previous trips and we had seen better. So we went back to our hotel.
By the way, here's a fact that some people might find interesting, the one thing I liked about the condos, you don't get bothered by annoying sankie pankies and there is no prostitution because it's just not tolerated.

The condo was really nice and well equipped. We had a 2 bedroom appartment and our friends had a studio. It was a 2 floor appartment. On the first floor, there was a living room with tv cable, a dining area and a fully equipped kitchen (I think it was better equipped than my own kitchen), with a huge ceiling fan and there was a small bathroom. On the second floor, there was 2 bedrooms, one with a double bed and one with a king bed. Both rooms were equipped with big ceiling fans and a smaller fan. The bigger room was also equipped with safety deposit box at no charge. There was also a full bathroom on the second floor.
Now Bambina is the maid at the hotel and she is a sweet heart. She came in everyday and we never had to ask for anything. She always changed the towells, everything was spic and span, she even would clean the dishes, no kidding, I've never seen good service like that before.
They have a little patio/terrace area by the pool where we could hang out and have our meals, it has a little palm leaves roof and it has 2 fans under it so you always have a nice breeze under the shade. We always had dinner there as well as other people staying there and Eddy, Jean and Colette. Everyone would talk together and we had some nice discussions, it felt like we were all a big family.
To be continued ...

I must agree with you about Condos Dominicana. Before I moved on to my own place I used to stay here for many years. Eddy his wife Elena and I became very good friends. Even though I have moved on I still remain in touch with Eddy.

Scotty

NubeLuz

Jul 23, 2004
CanadianCutie22 said:
Heya NubeLuz,

Great start to you're review.. patiently waiting to read the rest of it! Also was wondering if you have any online pics of the condos? We're going to be staying in Sosua for a month next summer and would like to check them out. Unfortunately their site isn't up yet.. Also, how much was it for the 2 bedroom?

Thanks,

Dawn

Hi Dawn,
Sorry I just have paper pictures, but it's really a cute place. I'm pretty sure their monthly rate are much cheaper than what you have found before. I checked and the website is still down. Good luck, you can pm me if you have more specific question !!!!

NubeLuz ;)

NubeLuz

Jul 23, 2004
Part #2 Finally ...

Ok, sorry everyone for the delay... I hope you'll like the rest ;)
We went to see the teleferico (teleferic) in Puerto Plata. I goes up the mount Isabel de Torres which is 800 meters high. I had never been there before. I recommend to take a carro publico (public car) to get there if you can. We took our at the Texaco gas station and to go to POP it's 20 pesos per person (less than 1US$). You have to take the ones that have the red sign on top (if my memory is good. We were 5 so did not have to share. We paid him a little extra to get to the teleferico. We even arrange a time for him to pick us up to return to Sosua and he did show up !! The teleferico was really cool. I never thought it was that high. The view of the city was just amazing but when we got on top of the mountain we could not see the city because there was too much fog. We paid the entrance 200 pesos but it was well worth it.
We also went to Santiago to visit some friends. I always amazes me how cheap the bus is. We took a coach bus (Caribe tours) from Sosua to Santiago for 80 pesos each. That's like cheaper than a bottle of rum !!!!! We hung out to the Monumento, it's always nice at night with the coloured lights surrounding it. We also went to the Mister Cook restaurant. It was the mexican buffet night but I was not that impressed that much with the food. It was still pretty cool, they have a karaoke there, we had a good time. Then, we went to a disco called Metropolis. It's pretty small and very "local". That was about it for the "day trips". The rest of the time, we would just hang out down town or arounr the pool. We also went to a local Sosua bar called la canoa right around the corner from our hotel. I hated it. I'd rather do nothing for a night than have to go there. The music was pretty good (you could ask the DJ for any song) but the ambiance was really wierd, it was a week day so it was pretty empty. Anyways, it was my first time in a non all inclusive hotel and I don't think I will ever go back to an AI again. The ambiance is just so different. It's more laidback and you get to make friend with everyone at the property. Our place had 20 units. I mean the hotel was amazing. I did not see a bug or cucaracha in my room for the whole stay. That's something (probably just luck) jejeje... ;)
Anyways, I had an amazing vacation and Condos Dominicano exceeded all my expectations. I will for sure stay there anytime I go back to Sosua. Two thumbs up for Condos Dominicano !!!!!! :D
PS: I"ll try to add more later but that's all the time I've got for today !!!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
NubeLuz said:

To be continued ...
Thanks for the good words. It was a pleasure hosting you. BTW, we changed the sand in the filter and the pool is clearer than ever. Hope to see you again soon. I'm no longer at the Condos but the bar will be up and running. Oh yea, both Eddy's and Condos sites are back on line.

NubeLuz

Jul 23, 2004
happy to hear from you

Hey Eddy,
Hope you're doing good. I'm happy to hear that you'll be re-opening your bar soon... You'll probably see me around Sosua sometime soon. Check your PM's. Take care

NubeLuz

swake

Oct 27, 2002
Eddy said:
I'm no longer at the Condos but the bar will be up and running. Oh yea, both Eddy's and Condos sites are back on line.

Hi Eddy
Pity you leave the Condos. What about the Sportsbar? Are you up to something new or planning on getting out? Inquiring minds want to know!
Good luck
Swake

is that sweet lady Fatima still working the bar? it's been some time...

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
swake said:
Hi Eddy
Pity you leave the Condos. What about the Sportsbar? Are you up to something new or planning on getting out? Inquiring minds want to know!
Good luck
Swake

is that sweet lady Fatima still working the bar? it's been some time...

I'm sure the new administrators will continue doing the job. As for the bar, it should be open in December. Fatima is still around and waiting for me to open. She's starting to get bored sitting at home. Hope she'll be there to help me open. I know that she expects to be moving to the US this winter but I hope she sticks around for a few more months. I'm trying to convince her that it's too cold there in the winter and to wait untill April.