Punta Cana Update 10/12/04

romiea

Oct 12, 2004
Hello all,
Just wanted to let everyone know that my husband and I just returned from our trip to Punta Cana - Iberostar Bavaro last week and it was an absolutely amazing week in paradise!!

The weather was perfect! Sunny or partly sunny every day, high 85, low 75. Some nice breezes. No problems getting to/from the resort. The resort itself was beautiful and soooooo relaxing! Great water sports and great drinks! Good food! The people ("Star friends") are so much fun! We learned some Merengue and Salsa!

If you're planning a trip to Iberostar Bavaro in Punta Cana..... you are in for a great time. We loved it!

They are still trimming some palm trees and the tennis court is out of commision from the hurricanes, but pretty much everything else is in great working order.

Have fun!! Hope this info helps! ;)
Romiea

Tiburon

Oct 1, 2004
Grand Flamenco Punta Cana

I was woundering if you know about this hotel, if everything is allright now, after the ouragan? Electricity, meal.

alison h

Sep 30, 2004
We just returned from Punta Cana on 10-13-04. We stayed at the Melia Caribe. It was great! I could tell there had been some damage (trees, etc.), but structurally, everything was great! Most of the ala carte restaurants were open and the food was delicious! The water is not as clear as it was this summer. The resort continues to work on the "Tropical" side. I'm not sure when it will open....I kept getting conflicting dates.

The airport continues to repair the thatch roof.

It was a wonderful trip.....wish I was still there!

Ohioguy

Aug 9, 2004
Clear Water

I asked this on another thread but never got a response:

How long will it take for the water to clear up again in this area? I've heard from numerous people that the ocean has been cloudy ever since the hurricane.

Any locals know when this might clear up.....I was looking forward to some clearer ocean water than what we get up in the States.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Haven't been out to Punta Cana but was in Bayahibe and the waters were turquoise and crystal clear. Don't see why the waters off Punta Cana wouldn't be the same. What muddies up the waters are the rivers lugging down mud, but don't think that is the case there. On this forum none of the returning tourists have posted any comment on the beaches being different than their lovely selves. Will keep an idea out for this, but would not be concerned.

ronc

Sep 20, 2004
Return From Ocean Bavaro

romiea said:
Hello all,
Just wanted to let everyone know that my husband and I just returned from our trip to Punta Cana - Iberostar Bavaro last week and it was an absolutely amazing week in paradise!!

The weather was perfect! Sunny or partly sunny every day, high 85, low 75. Some nice breezes. No problems getting to/from the resort. The resort itself was beautiful and soooooo relaxing! Great water sports and great drinks! Good food! The people ("Star friends") are so much fun! We learned some Merengue and Salsa!

If you're planning a trip to Iberostar Bavaro in Punta Cana..... you are in for a great time. We loved it!

They are still trimming some palm trees and the tennis court is out of commision from the hurricanes, but pretty much everything else is in great working order.

Have fun!! Hope this info helps! ;)
Romiea

Hello:

My family and I returned back from Punta Cana on 10/16/04.

My first reaction was that we would find some damage left form Tropocal storm Jeanne. I am vey impressed how how fast they cleaned up. On our arrival we saw some repair work being done to the roof at the airport. The trip to the hotel was 20 minutes. The roads are are in great shape.

We originally were to stay at Sirenis tropical Resort but were moved to Ocean Bavaro day prior to departarture. The Sirenis according to rep suffered some damage to its main lobby and also has a fire at their theater a few days earlier.

Ocean Bavaro had super service. The kids had a great time. The food was excellent. Every night featured a different nations cusine. (Italian,Chinese,American,Spanish,Dominican). The pool and grounds are daily cleaned. The restaurant was immaculate clean. The beach was beautiful with alot of sunshine (85 degrees most days). It would only rain for half an hour and then get dry again. lots of activities inside and outside of resort.

My thanks to Sucre Martin our waiter who kept my glass always full.

Everything is fine in Punta Cana. Go for it.

RON
(TORONTO)

caribbean_bride

Mar 23, 2004
www.digital-werks.net
Melia Caribe

alison h said:
We just returned from Punta Cana on 10-13-04. We stayed at the Melia Caribe. It was great! I could tell there had been some damage (trees, etc.), but structurally, everything was great! Most of the ala carte restaurants were open and the food was delicious! The water is not as clear as it was this summer. The resort continues to work on the "Tropical" side. I'm not sure when it will open....I kept getting conflicting dates.

The airport continues to repair the thatch roof.

It was a wonderful trip.....wish I was still there!

Alison,
Did you see any weddings while you were there? We are heading there in January and hoping that we a great time.

Did you have a favorite restaruant?

Thanks
s-