bavaro princess

stake1177

Sep 26, 2004
I'm still curious about the status of Bavaro Princess; haven't been able to find out too much. Anyone have info?

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
stake1177 said:
I'm still curious about the status of Bavaro Princess; haven't been able to find out too much. Anyone have info?

Definitely closed at the moment, a watchman at the entrance said they will open in 40 days.

justwed

Nov 3, 2004
Bavaro Princess

stake1177 said:

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon on Oct. 31st. We originally booked the Bavaro Princess, but were put up at the Punta Cana Princess due to the damages. The Punta Cana Princess is only two resorts down the beach from the Bavaro, so we went for a walk to have a look at it.

Sorry, for the bad news but the Bavaro Princess will not be open by December as they are saying, it is in really bad shape. Not only did the Hurricane do severe damage, but on Thursday night (Oct. 28th) when we were going to dinner there was a very large orange flame in the sky, and it turns out it was a large part of the Bavaro Princess burning. So now they have the fire to deal with as well.

However if you get relocated to the Punta Cana Princess, don't worry it is just beautiful, the rooms still have the sunken livingroom, there are several restaurants ( the food is okay, not great, but okay ) We still managed to have a wonderful time, the staff was amazing, very friendly and fun and the weather was beautiful..

Sharron

Dec 19, 2002
The large part of the Bavaro Princess that was burning was in fact three of the restaurants.

I was with the Guest Services Manager today of Punta Cana Princess and they are still trying for a December reopening, but can?t guarantee it.

The other Princess hotel the Caribe Club is reopening within the next few days, after which if you get put into the Punta Cana Princess you can use the facilities of Caribe Club as well. This arrangement does not work the other way around.

rhondalynn

Oct 16, 2004
stake1177 said:

I found out that it caught fire now and will not be opening in Dec afterall.
Check out Debbie's Dominican site. lots of info there for everything. :cry:

lissa-33

Nov 11, 2004
We as a family are scheduled to arrive at DR (hotel) Bavaro Princess on December 26, do you think it will be ready or should I switch to another hotel all together and if so which one? Keep in mind I have two children under 6.

justwed

Nov 3, 2004
lissa-33 said:
We as a family are scheduled to arrive at DR (hotel) Bavaro Princess on December 26, do you think it will be ready or should I switch to another hotel all together and if so which one? Keep in mind I have two children under 6.

Hi, I mentioned earlier that my husband and I got back on Oct. 31 from the Punta Cana Princess, we were originally booked at the Bavaro Princess. If you get relocated to the Punta Cana Princess " DON'T WORRY " it is a beautiful resort, the staff are great, the rooms are spotless and also very beautiful. There are lots of restaurants to pick from. I really don't think the Bavaro Princess will be open for several months, the night of the fire we were talking to one of the staff at the Punta Cana princess on our way out to dinner, and he told us that he actually works at the Bavaro but was just working here in the mean time, he said he didn't think it would be open for about a year. But honestly I don't think it will be a year, but definately several months before it's open again. Don't worry and have a great time, you'll love the Punta Cana Princess. By the way our travel agent did not relocate us, it was done directly through Princess Resorts..