La Romana to Higuey, road condition

P

P.T.

Has the road improved from La Romana to Higuey? There is/has been a section of the road covered with potholes (hoyos)I believe it is the last 15 to 20 kilometers entering into Higuey from La Romana. In the past, driving through there I liken to driving on a washboard. I may be passing by there within a couple of weeks. If it is during the day, no problem. Yet, I may consider driving there early or late evening, if it has been repaired/resurfaced. If anyone has information, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks, PJT; pjtzooma@aol.com

L

Loren

It is still jacked up. I drove it last month. On my way to San Pedro from Bavaro, I wanted to at least get to Romana by nightfall, because from La Romana to San Pedro isnt too bad if you are alert and can see good at night.

If you try to fool around leaving Hig?ey at night you might bust an axle.

P

P.T.

Re: La Romana to Higuey, road condition / Thanks

Loren, thanks for the heads up. I have driven this bad stretch at night before, watching the tailights of vehicles in front of me as a guide, it invites disaster. If they go into the ditch, I may follow. Only the motoconchos have it easier. At least they are able to drive on the shoulder. If a disaster happens, get better road service during daylight. Don't need AAA, Dominicans stop and help, no problem.

Regards, PJT