Phone rates

kelly2

Mar 10, 2004
Anyone have any ideas on cheap calling cards that are reliable calling the DR from NY?

Thanks!

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
The Arroz Con Pollo phone card gets you like 125 minutes to a land line for $5!
Communitel is the distributer. Most bodegas have these.
Just make sure the card has no "connection" fee and bills by the 15 second or less increment. NY to RD cell phones are about 2 x as much to dial.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
$0.079

Porfio_Rubirosa said:
Charlie,

I went to the Tel3 website. It gives landline rates, but no cellular rates, to the DR. Do you know what the cellular rate is? Thanks.

According to my online billing which is charged to a credit card, I pay $0.079 per min. in USD. This is calling from the US on a cell to a cell in the DR. I purchase $25.00USD blocks at a time.

If you would like to PM me your email address I would be more than happy to forward a copy of my latest billing information.

Charlie

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I use this site Union Telecard
I buy the DSA National Green type and I get a ton of minutes calling land lines and certain cell phones (mostly Codetel's).
What I like about it is that I have my credit card info with them so buying is a snap and they give you the pin right then and there.

Apr 26, 2002
I'll take your word for it on the bill, Charlie. If Tel3 rounds by the minute, then it sounds like a very good deal. Like Suarezn, I have been using Union Telecard recently, but this sounds better.